Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulstar Spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 06:21 PM
pcwizard
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Pulstar Spark plugs

Any feedback on these?

Old 09-04-2014, 06:27 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

Snake Oil

All any spark plug needs to do is "spark".
A stock plug does that just fine, and you will not notice any difference in performance using any of those "gimmick" plugs.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:49 PM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

I bought the snake oil and have been happy with them. I noticed a quicker start up and a slight increase in MPG plus it seemed to run crisper. I ran them for 5 tanks of fuel and monitored the results then switched back to stock plugs, ran them 5 tanks and switched back to the pulstars.

Funny with the line of thinking all you need is a spark mentality. If that were the case we would still have points.

Back when electronic ignitions and MSD boxes were new on the scene the dinosaurs all said it was snake oil, same with the Unilite distributors. Same with fuel injection too. I smoked all their asses in my GTO regularly.

If everyone thought snake oil for everything new we would all be Fred Flinstoning around with our feet.

I recall some folks tried them and sent them back and others had good results, they have a unconditional warranty so it is no risk to try yourself.

Same crap talked about the Boyeson X-wing, I "suckered " for that too.

Funny thing is riding buddies with very similar stock bikes but much smaller men as I am 290 and they are lucky to see 180 so I have a weight disadvantage, but they would always barely walk away from me but after adding the plugs and wing I was able to barely walk from them. Nothing real dramatic but a percent here and there makes a difference.

Think for yourself and try them, you might be happy.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:54 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Pure crap!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Didn't we used to buy hotter coils back in the day?
That was all bs too.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gliden
Didn't we used to buy hotter coils back in the day?
That was all bs too.
Yep, these High performance Products have been around for years, do They work? The simple Answer is NO! These People just want Your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. When Their Product doesn't work, They will tell You that You have another problem, and try to sell You something else. Been there and done that, like a fool.

Last edited by Dionicio; 09-04-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:10 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by bigheadted
I bought the snake oil and have been happy with them. I noticed a quicker start up and a slight increase in MPG plus it seemed to run crisper. I ran them for 5 tanks of fuel and monitored the results then switched back to stock plugs, ran them 5 tanks and switched back to the pulstars.

Funny with the line of thinking all you need is a spark mentality. If that were the case we would still have points.

Back when electronic ignitions and MSD boxes were new on the scene the dinosaurs all said it was snake oil, same with the Unilite distributors. Same with fuel injection too. I smoked all their asses in my GTO regularly.

If everyone thought snake oil for everything new we would all be Fred Flinstoning around with our feet.

I recall some folks tried them and sent them back and others had good results, they have a unconditional warranty so it is no risk to try yourself.

Same crap talked about the Boyeson X-wing, I "suckered " for that too.

Funny thing is riding buddies with very similar stock bikes but much smaller men as I am 290 and they are lucky to see 180 so I have a weight disadvantage, but they would always barely walk away from me but after adding the plugs and wing I was able to barely walk from them. Nothing real dramatic but a percent here and there makes a difference.

Think for yourself and try them, you might be happy.
im in agreement. the snake oil guys still have black and white TV,s and prob have land lines. Ive tried boyesen products and they usually work. the stuff dosent turn your big into a rocket ship but can help with crisp throttle response. Eveeen Boyesen was an incredible engineer by trade. But hey. The snake oil guys prob think carbs are better than throttle bodies and transistor radios are superior to my smartphone. Ill try anything reasonable.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:23 PM
JD HD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NRHS tested them on the dyno a while back and found absolutely no gain with them. There was a long running thread on them a year or two ago.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:46 PM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 768 Likes on 521 Posts

Your coil only puts out so much, that is what any plug has to work with. If these plugs have a gadget that saves up the juice for one big, very short duration spark, that would seem to slightly retard the timing. Were they engineered to work with the Ion Knock system? Too many unknowns involved, but if you like them, great. Any new plug will out perform the same plug that has 20,000 miles on it. That may be part of what you are seeing.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:30 AM
pcwizard
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks all. Appreciate it. :-)

Quick Reply: Pulstar Spark plugs