Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikers Friend VS Harley Tour Pack Bag and T Bags

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:04 AM
nirschl
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bikers Friend VS Harley Tour Pack Bag and T Bags

I'm wanting to order a piece of luggage for my tour pack rack. I've been loking at both the Bikers Friend XL bag, Harley Tour-Pak Rack Bag and a couple of the T Bags offerings.

Looking for opinions from those with experience or other ideas.

Here they are:

http://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/ha...ry.htm#Touring Family

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/tour-pak-rack-bag

http://www.tbags.com/touring/dekker-...e-bag-214.html

http://www.tbags.com/touring/daytona-cargo-bag.html

Cheers

Old 08-27-2014, 12:59 AM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Have a t-bag. Like all the easy to access pockets so getting to often used items works great.

It mounts in just a few seconds. Like the water bottle pockets, and also carry a couple cooling snap towels for the hot parts of the day.

Easy to take off and I use it as a carry bag to take items into the motel at night.

It came with a waterproof rain cover that has proven itself water tight, and makes the bag nicer looking when touring.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:36 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

I have this T Bag. Very well built. Love it. Attaches easily and quickly. Fits inside Tour Pack early in trip, as I accumulate stuff, put it on Tour Pack.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/830-693

Rain cover works great:

Old 08-27-2014, 02:11 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

1.) Be aware that the carrying capacity on the lid is only about 10 or 15 pounds.
1.b) DO NOT lift the lid with the weight of a bag attached = $$$-------- as the abs will break

the higher any weight is, the crappier handling

so, I use a waterproof HD by Sac bag ( it's about 15 years old)- it velcros to the rack and I use it typically for sleeping bag maybe a lightweight jacket.

unless you need official HD licensed product ( and as a shareholder I thank you!)- just get a small duffle bag which is waterproofish.

Yes i do have high end Tbag, the sac and other cool stuff...I paid pennies for it buying used.
I have the big Tbag on my seat, it's a backrest and carry-all.

here's a pic from a few years ago:

mike

Old 08-27-2014, 02:55 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,731 Likes on 795 Posts

The Bikers Friend is a quality product ; but the T-Bag system has better accessibility...

Old 08-27-2014, 04:42 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
1.) Be aware that the carrying capacity on the lid is only about 10 or 15 pounds.
1.b) DO NOT lift the lid with the weight of a bag attached = $$$-------- as the abs will break

the higher any weight is, the crappier handling

so, I use a waterproof HD by Sac bag ( it's about 15 years old)- it velcros to the rack and I use it typically for sleeping bag maybe a lightweight jacket.

unless you need official HD licensed product ( and as a shareholder I thank you!)- just get a small duffle bag which is waterproofish.

Yes i do have high end Tbag, the sac and other cool stuff...I paid pennies for it buying used.
I have the big Tbag on my seat, it's a backrest and carry-all.

here's a pic from a few years ago:

mike
I did get spider cracks at the hinge, by opening the TP, with a loaded Tbag on it. Mike is right, as usual! At first I was upset, now I just consider it a souvenir.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:29 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a Bikers Friend and a T-Bag Boot Case (uses a bra on the tour pak to secure it).

The 'Friend can hold a lot of stuff and I found that it works better on the passenger seat. It would be sticking up to high on a rack as far as I'm concerned. It can be used as a backrest (comes with the pads) if you don't have a HD/other backrest.

If your traveling alone, you can fit almost a weeks worth of clothes in the 'Friend and leave the tour pac for helmets & misc items......