Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

screamin eagle tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 03:06 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default screamin eagle tuner?

Hi ,does anyone have the screamin eagle pro tuner on there 2014 streetglide special,what is part number for this bike ,thanks

Old 08-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Why bother with a Harley tuner? Fuel Moto is one of the best out there with free lifetime downloads? Its a no brainer....

Old 08-23-2014, 03:32 PM
bobbyjoes
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the power vision

Old 08-23-2014, 04:05 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Me
Why bother with a Harley tuner? Fuel Moto is one of the best out there with free lifetime downloads? Its a no brainer....
Free downloads for life???

I don't understand why anyone would use such a system when there are programs out there that can custom-tune instead of relying on a canned map that's not made for your bike. I mean, isn't the whole idea behind custom tuning to get a tune that matches YOUR bike instead on some off-the-shelf generic map?

So who cares if some online company has a lifetime's worth of maps if none are custom to YOUR bike?

Old 08-23-2014, 04:12 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 577 Likes on 318 Posts

With the advancement of tuners and software, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a person who tuned your bike on a dyno or a canned map using a fuel tuning devise.
For most of us with just stage one, fuelpack3 with auto tune would be a better bang for the buck.
If you have gone beyond stage one and cams, sure, dyno time. Mostly to determine your build was done right.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Pine Tree
Free downloads for life???

I don't understand why anyone would use such a system when there are programs out there that can custom-tune instead of relying on a canned map that's not made for your bike. I mean, isn't the whole idea behind custom tuning to get a tune that matches YOUR bike instead on some off-the-shelf generic map?

So who cares if some online company has a lifetime's worth of maps if none are custom to YOUR bike?
Fuel Moto's power vision does offer 'auto tunes'. They send you a custom tune to start off with then you, the owner, can run several custom tunes to dial it in perfectly. They do a ton of R&D on specific engine builds common to most of us then program it into the Power Vision to get it very very close to the needs of the work done on that specific bike.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:01 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Has anyone answered the question yet? If not...the part # is 41000008B and 41000018 for the cable. Page 456 of the Harley accesory catalog.

Chuck

Old 08-23-2014, 07:20 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
With the advancement of tuners and software, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a person who tuned your bike on a dyno or a canned map using a fuel tuning devise.
For most of us with just stage one, fuelpack3 with auto tune would be a better bang for the buck.
If you have gone beyond stage one and cams, sure, dyno time. Mostly to determine your build was done right.
i believe this is right on the money. ill take a canned map from FM and if that dont work they will keep emailing me a new map until its right. all for 199 bucks for a Micro tuner which i am digging. Im not spending massive amounts of cash and more important, time to get a dyno run for a stage one build. now if a stage 2 3 4 or 5 well thats alittle different.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

...They send you a custom tune to start off with then you, the owner, can run several custom tunes to dial it in perfectly...
Oh, OK...so they send you a custom map...it's just custom-made for some other bike but not yours.

...They do a ton of R&D on specific engine builds common to most of us then program it into the Power Vision to get it very very close to the needs of the work done on that specific bike.
A ton of R&D and you still need to do more custom tuning yourself???

You said..."the owner, can run several custom tunes to dial it in perfectly..." Sounds like the custom tune isn't very custom after all. Seems like you wouldn't have to run several custom tunes to dial it in if it was custom already.

My apologies to the OP for taking this off topic...

Old 08-23-2014, 07:27 PM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyjoes
Hi ,does anyone have the screamin eagle pro tuner on there 2014 streetglide special,what is part number for this bike ,thanks
I am using it on mine, I've had no problems with it. # 32109-08C

Quick Reply: screamin eagle tuner?