Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Display Stand #99002-97A

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:38 PM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrome Display Stand #99002-97A

I am considering purchasing the HD chrome display stand on my 2007 Ultra; has anyone installed one? How difficult is it to install?

Old 04-08-2007, 12:25 AM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Chrome Display Stand #99002-97A

Might want to consider this stand instead http://www.wheeldock.com/prod_EZ_Install_Video.asp
This is very easy to install and goes under the Back part of the frame, this stand can can be driven off and you can set it still sitting on the bike, the Harley stand you can't. My wife (135 lbs.) can put our Ultra back on this stand by herself! that when she told me to buy it.. and it's alittle chper than the Harley stand and more stable too. Just my .02 worth.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Harley stand and love it. I put the bike up on it from the drivers seat every time.
It won't go up if the lower adjuster bolts aren't set right, but, putting it up from the side of the bike would be inviting disaster.
I did the instal myself, you have to drop the regulator.
It is kinda heavy to hold up when you are laying under the bike, so you may want a helper.
Regardless on which one you buy, you will really enjot having a center stand. I'll never own an HD without one!

Old 04-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

I drive off mine every time.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmmm, I recall a fella at a rally, asking me for help,pushing his bike back ,up onto the stand,
said he couldnt do it himself??

Old 04-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

Hmm, I think he had the adjustment bolts incorrectly adjusted.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

I had my local indy shop put mine on while I had the bike in for other work, only because it is a lot easier to install when the bike is straight up and down in a wheel vice on a work table.

It took us about 20 minutes to install, remove the regulator, replace the regulator bolts with longer ones, remove a couple off bolts on the crash bar mounts and slide it all together. If you are doing this without the benefit of a lift, then make sure you have a buddy that can sit on the bike and hold it upright.

I have not quite gotten the hang of easily geting it up on the stand though. But I figure once riding season starts I can figure it out.

I will say it is a nice add on for the bike if you have to park in tight spots since there is no longer that "how far is it going to lean over and what is it going to hit when it does" feeling

Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 AM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, fellas, for your feedback. I did some further research on "what is available" for the HD. Here are some links to other versions of the HD stand. I will opt to go with the HD; I like the "look" and am encouraged by what you have written; thanks again for your help and insight.
[*]VwowV:http://www.vwowv.com/Harley_Touring_Center_Stand.html[*]Rivco:http://saturn.dnsprotect.com/~rivcop...1&featured[*]WheelDock: http://www.wheeldock.com/prod_EZ.asp

Old 04-08-2007, 11:53 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

man am i happy i saw this thread!!!! i have bemoaned the loss of the center stand since getting back into bikes. seems no one makes a bike with one anymore.

BTW do you lose the use of the sidestand when you install one of these???

Old 04-08-2007, 12:31 PM
rtrostiii
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Wally

I have the Harley stand and love it. I put the bike up on it from the drivers seat every time.
It won't go up if the lower adjuster bolts aren't set right, but, putting it up from the side of the bike would be inviting disaster.
I did the instal myself, you have to drop the regulator.
It is kinda heavy to hold up when you are laying under the bike, so you may want a helper.
Regardless on which one you buy, you will really enjot having a center stand. I'll never own an HD without one!
I had the center stand on my 96 Ultra Classic and 02 Ultra and wouldn't do without it. It was espcially useful in the garage where I didn't lose the extra room due to the sidestand "lean"

Haven't installed one on my 07 yet, but did get a Wheeldock for the garage (and future trailer), and looking strongly at getting the wheeldoc center stand so I don't lose the opportunity to mount a premium oil cooler in the future (not an option if you use the Harley center stand).

Hope you enjoy, you'll never regret it!

Quick Reply: Chrome Display Stand #99002-97A