Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Display Stand #99002-97A

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Chrome Display Stand #99002-97A

Sidestand aside? Duh. If that makes any sense, consider switching to Amzoil. I did and had installed an oil temperature guage in the fairing first. I noticed a 20 degree drop in average operating temperatures.
In addition with a good brand of synthetic oil, a little more heat from say being stuck in traffic won't bother the bike or reduce the lifespan of the oil. JMO

Old 04-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Newf
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have had the Harley stand on 3 Harleys now and love it, easy to put the bike up on it and I always drive away with the feet on the floor boards.
If you happen to have a shop lift they are awesome for sitting the bike up straight on the lift.
I have a shop lift with the extensions on the sides and made a longer ramp and I drive on my lift and just put it on the stand.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:31 PM
bigshooter181
Intermediate

I have a sidestand on my Tour Glide and I love it!
If the kids are in the garage with me, I dont worry about it getting knocked over on one of them.
Not that thier wild kids that dont respect anything, it's just about safety.
Plus, at a mall or bike show, it goes up on the stand and once again, no worries about it lying on the
ground of on top of someone.
Oh yeah, it's the Harley one, not an imitation or knockoff.
I would be real leery about putting a big bike on any kind of stand while not actually sitting on the bike.......

Old 04-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Rabid
Cruiser

I have the chrome one from Rivco. Works like a charm, still have the side stand too. It's actually easier to use that the one on my 74 Suzuki 500. Same reason as stated before, no room for the lean in the garage, and I'm sure that in the summer, I won't have to worry about the centre stand sinking into hot pavement like I would the side stand.

Rabid

Old 04-09-2007, 01:03 AM
brokenfingers
Advanced

can you get a center stand to work with the oil cooler installed? Seems I saw somewhere that you could do either but not both.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings from Anchorage Alaska. I installed mine after dinner on a week night. It only took a couple hours. I needed one on our new 07 Ultra my wife traded to as a Christmas present for me, just likewe had on our old one. My wife has medical concerns and when I can talk her into going out with me its easier if she doesn't have to dismount for short stops like gas stations etc. The only thing I can think of to watch for is when you loosen up the roll bar be aware it will spring a little on you making it harder to get the spacer alignment for the bolts. Don't force it, I wound up undoing the right side(the first side I did) to get the left side on. Not a lot of wiggle room but it will line up.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:05 AM
avacado
Advanced

H-D all the way. I chose the moco unit because I also have a True-Track installed.
WARNING: If your bike is lowered or you intend on lowering it, I dont think you can use the H-D piece. Also, they are not compatable with floorboard spacers.
I'm 5'7" with a 31" inseem and I can engage (lower) it from the seat.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm confused. Is this thing actually a center stand that mounts to the bike? I thought it was a seperate stand by it's description in the catalog. Jiffy stand stay? Can you get the rear tire off the ground for cleaning?

Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No it doesn't lift the rear tire for cleaning. This lets you drive off as the rear wheel is in contact with the ground.
The first picture shows it in the up position, just below the drivers foot board.
The second picture shows the bike with the center stand in use.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:08 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

if you use one of the after market stands do you lose the use of the jiffy stand???

Quick Reply: Chrome Display Stand #99002-97A