Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip on aadvice

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014 | 01:00 PM
GeorgeH
Advanced

Originally Posted by mkguitar
OP, some of the riders here are on their 3rd or 4th set of exhaust --- which can be equal to 10% of the cost of the darn bike!

Do yourself a favor, go to a bike night, dealer BBQ etc and listen to what other similar bikes to yours sound like. You have a touring model go find the other bikes.

Everybody wants to talk about their stuff, you could even ask someone if you can ride near them and hear their pipes.

add in whether you want to be liked by your neighbors with babies, if you like the radio, if you tour etc.
Loud pipes are no fun 3 hours into a 10 hour riding day....or if the other Guys make you ride at the back.
Or in PQ...the Surete can be a real friggin pain- I've been stopped by them coming up from NB

Mufflers are like opinions- most of us have 2 of them...or something.

Go see what you like.
Some of the pipes mentioned above sound like poo to me, but their owners may like them.

I use Supertrapps which are adjustable to be as loud or about as quiet as the owner wants...in minutes.

Mike

Here is the best answer you could get.

Old 08-20-2014 | 08:40 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ultra Pearl
Forgive me but what are KO's?
Hey, sorry I didn't see the question last night. KO stands for knock off's. I just installed the new fishtail slip ons that I had ordered. I love the sound of the unbaffled pipes.

The member who indicated it is best to listen to as many as you can is correct. You will never be able to get a good listen from an internet sound clip.