Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just wanted to say Thanks to James at Long Ride Shields!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Just wanted to say Thanks to James at Long Ride Shields!

Great customer service. I recently placed an order for a "WindBlade" style windshield for my Batwing.

I had a 10" Recurve style windshield already, but I went to a Police style seat that set me higher so I needed a taller shield.

I wanted to try the WindBlade style, so I ordered the 11" thinking it would be 1" taller than my old 10".

I didn't realize that the WindBlades were measured differently, and when I got it, it was the same height as my 10" Recurve.

Totally my fault, it explains on the site that they're measured vertically, instead of "along" the shield like the Recurve's are. I just wasn't paying attention.

Even though I had removed the shield from the plastic, James let me swap it. Not only that, but he even sent the replacement before he got my return back.

Awesome customer service! If you need a new shield, give long Ride Shields a try.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Melman
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post some pics of the windshield installed. I'm looking for a different one for mine.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:35 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Melman
Post some pics of the windshield installed. I'm looking for a different one for mine.

I actually decided to stay with the "Recurve" style, only 1" taller.

I really liked the "WindBlade" style, but I noticed that it was a little tight with my T-Bag windshield pouch.

It fit, but it slightly "pushed forward" the T-Bag pouches. Would probably be fine with the Harley pouches because I don't think they stick up quite as high as the T-Bags do.

As long as I was switching shields anyway, James let me pay the extra and go to the Ultra Elite Recurve in the 11" height.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:59 AM
TURQ
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great company, Love my 8" Flat Top!

Old 08-18-2014, 07:53 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Talldog
Great customer service. I recently placed an order for a "WindBlade" style windshield for my Batwing.

I had a 10" Recurve style windshield already, but I went to a Police style seat that set me higher so I needed a taller shield.

I wanted to try the WindBlade style, so I ordered the 11" thinking it would be 1" taller than my old 10".

I didn't realize that the WindBlades were measured differently, and when I got it, it was the same height as my 10" Recurve.

Totally my fault, it explains on the site that they're measured vertically, instead of "along" the shield like the Recurve's are. I just wasn't paying attention.

Even though I had removed the shield from the plastic, James let me swap it. Not only that, but he even sent the replacement before he got my return back.

Awesome customer service! If you need a new shield, give long Ride Shields a try.
LRS and James is great. I had a similar issue and James made and sent out a replacement shield without charging my credit card for the replacement, even before he received the original shield back. About a month earlier, Clearview sent me a defective shield, but before they would send a replacement, I had to pay for the replacement first and then when they received the defective shield back, they credited my cc. Clearview lost me as a customer for life because of the way they handled THEIR mistake.