Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice with stereo system

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big TYME
Another thought? Since these speakers have built in tweeters, do I need crossovers?? I think everything is hooked up properly. I used Biketronics Sony kit and it was really simple.

Your coax speakers have a built in crossover.

Another thing to check is to make sure you have the polarity right between the radio and speakers. (positive to positive, negative to negative)

Old 08-18-2014, 11:41 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Sqr
Bike owners routinely make the mistake of purchasing and installing car audio amps and speakers into their rides. Bike audio is specifically designed with low energy loads, heat, sound ranges, weight, moisture and vibrations in mind. The speakers deliver sound in a specific range that works with wind and road sound, a cars speaker is for a quiet environment such as the cabin. Some can't tell the difference, but some people can. Amps operate differently within a frequency band which can also clip when connected to a bikes charging system. It truly is a complicated setup which requires research and proper setup.
Are you handing out the koolaid or Just overdosed??
I have to agree on poor speaker choice and RF PBR 300-2 amp. Polk MM or infinity/JBL 2 ohm speakers are much better choices. The SS amp is very good but can mess up FM, if ya listen to it.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,832 Likes on 19,326 Posts

OP might get more "options" and advice re-posting this in the audio section ... Ultranutz and Glacierpearl ( to name a couple ) are very astute at stereo. questions, options and suggestions in tweaking different settings on certain models.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:38 PM
campos
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you definitely need an amp and get yourself a set of good speakers, either Focals or Hertz

Old 08-18-2014, 02:33 PM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
Bad choice of speaker, IMO. Had them myself. Muddy highs and lackluster bass. A Rockford Fosgate pbr300x2 amp would wake them up. The Infinity 62.11i speakers would sound better.
What he said, i put that amp in my bike and wow, its small and sounds awesome, has been in my bike all summer with no problems.
I was told to get the 2 channel amp, the 4 channel will get much hotter.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:36 PM
131IRONMIKE
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
OP might get more "options" and advice re-posting this in the audio section ... Ultranutz and Glacierpearl ( to name a couple ) are very astute at stereo. questions, options and suggestions in tweaking different settings on certain models.
Listen and Learn....

Old 08-18-2014, 09:40 PM
chadbob
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a Sony bluetooth head unit and it sounds great. check the bluetooth volume on your device, and also the bluetooth volume adjustment on the head if it has one.

One other thing, make sure, double sure, that you didn't wire the speakers up backwards.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Sqr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
Are you handing out the koolaid or Just overdosed??
I have to agree on poor speaker choice and RF PBR 300-2 amp. Polk MM or infinity/JBL 2 ohm speakers are much better choices. The SS amp is very good but can mess up FM, if ya listen to it.
Im speechless, well here is a site explaining what I have helpfully pointed out.

http://www.hogtunes.com/resources/Te...r_speakers.pdf

Go to the Hog Tunes web site and the explain a number of things. If you chose to be educated you can also check out a number of bike speciality audio sites and get the same advice . Do not use car speakers!

Old 08-18-2014, 11:02 PM
chadbob
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sqr
Im speechless, well here is a site explaining what I have helpfully pointed out. http://www.hogtunes.com/resources/Te...r_speakers.pdf Go to the Hog Tunes web site and the explain a number of things. If you chose to be educated you can also check out a number of bike speciality audio sites and get the same advice . Do not use car speakers!
To be fair, they ARE trying to sell their own speakers.

Many
Many
Many
Many
People have used car audio components with great results. It is true. No really.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Sqr
Im speechless, well here is a site explaining what I have helpfully pointed out. http://www.hogtunes.com/resources/Te...r_speakers.pdf Go to the Hog Tunes web site and the explain a number of things. If you chose to be educated you can also check out a number of bike speciality audio sites and get the same advice . Do not use car speakers!
You do understand these guys are trying to sell bike specific stuff??? I'm sure harley will tell to only use harley oil too. I worked in the audio world and am Rock'N some pretty nice tunes at 80plus With my car audio stuff...

Quick Reply: Need advice with stereo system