Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"MY" Mutazu Lower fairing review. W/ pics.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice writeup bike looks great!

Old 08-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Rafkin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree with your review. The lowers are good quality but the hardware is crap. I bought a set of the black for my wifes Streetglide, the color match is good. Like you I had to wrap her crashbar for the lowers to fit snug and use a few extra bolts and nuts I had laying around in place of the inferior ones that came with the set. top it off-no instructions!! everything was guess work. I would purchase again, for a black bike, but I would opt for the HD mounting kit and instructions.
Bottom line is, wife likes them so all is good.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:02 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Rafkin
top it off-no instructions!! everything was guess work. .

OMG! Yeah......... I can't believe that these things don't come with a lick of instructions. And I mean NOTHING. Just a box of parts. But, I have to share the youtube video I found online. This video is INSANE!!! Its basically put out by Mutazu to help people assemble lower fairings, because they know there are no instructions. This is a MUST SEE video, whether you ever buy the lower fairings or not. Its a pudgy little barefoot Japanese guy, with three inch long claws (fingernails), squatting on his living room floor, wearing basically nothing more than a set of adult diapers. Wow, was this video a true culture shocker for me. And its put out BY MUTAZU!

ACCHD, thanks!

Old 08-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
OMG! Yeah......... I can't believe that these things don't come with a lick of instructions. And I mean NOTHING. Just a box of parts. But, I have to share the youtube video I found online. This video is INSANE!!! Its basically put out by Mutazu to help people assemble lower fairings, because they know there are no instructions. This is a MUST SEE video, whether you ever buy the lower fairings or not. Its a pudgy little barefoot Japanese guy, with three inch long claws (fingernails), squatting on his living room floor, wearing basically nothing more than a set of adult diapers. Wow, was this video a true culture shocker for me. And its put out BY MUTAZU!

ACCHD, thanks!

Mutazu Harley Lower Vented Fairing Instructions - YouTube

That's the he video that I watched before putting mine together. I bought mine on ebay painted for something like 118 shipped. I agree with the OP that the vent hardware is a little flimsy. I've had the HD ones also and they are better but these work well and for almost 400 cheaper I am happy with the purchase. Like others if my bike wasn't black the best option would have been going with the HD painted ones.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:39 AM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I have close to 2000 miles with my Mutazu lowers. In them are Biketronic 6.5 speakers which are constantly pounding hard music. I've never had a problem with them. Not one. Like HD, They're made of plastic. With a nice cost of Turtle wax detailiner, they have a bright shine. Keep in mind, you're buying aftermarket parts, so they're not going to be HD quality. I have their lowers and tour Pak. They're not absolutely perfect but they've never failed me or fallen off on the road.

Old 08-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Good to find that they are nto really painted and just cleared. Mine had brake fluid seep from the MC cover and peeled the clear off. I Was going to get right side resprayed, but for the price of them now I might as well just buy a complete set.

For those that might have a problem with the cheap glove box doors and the vents, just get the HD replacement parts for those areas. They are really cheap compared to the outter parts. My vents cracked from trying to open and close them. I replaced those with the HD ones for like 30.00 (for the set). The brake fluid ruined the part that is normally like a rubber around the glove box door, replaced those for like 30.00 a set as well. Found out that all of the HD components actually fit.