Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007 | 07:01 PM
gordo24fan
|
Tourer
Default Corbin Seats???

OK, I've been getting mixed opinions on Corbin seats lately. Some say they are to hard and not comfortable at all. Other people swear by them. I have been getting a sore tailbone on long rides with the stock seat. I have an appointment on Monday to go to Corbin in Hollister for a seat fitting and just wanted some input from those of you that have or have had a Corbin seat. Are they worth it? Please don't just say yes or no . I seriously would like to know what is good or bad about these seats. I'm getting ready to drop a pretty penny on one on Monday.

Thank you in advance,

Brian

Old 04-07-2007 | 07:13 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Corbin Seats???

for the first 1000 miles or so they are like bricks. The quality has gone down hill IMHO. Lots of horror stories over on the ZRX Owners Association board about Corbin problems and poor customer service in the last couple of years.
I have one on my jap bike I got in 2003 and love it, but I wouldn't consider it for my bagger. I am thinking about a gel pad though

Old 04-07-2007 | 07:16 PM
fishafly
Road Master

I have a Corbin Hollywood Solo on my Road King and I love it. Yes, it will "feel" hard at first, but if you can get by the first 500 miles or so, and it gets broken in you will absolutely love it. Just be sure to give yourself enough time and miles on it before deciding whether or not you like it. In myexperience the firmness of the seat gives great support and you will not squirm all over the place tryin' to get comfy... I really don't think you'll be dissappointed...

Old 04-07-2007 | 07:16 PM
LOU
Cruiser

I've had Corbin's on most of my bikes; I like 'em. Lately I have tried LaPerras and recently purchased seats for my Superglide and Street Glide from C&C Seatshttp://www.harleyseats.net/index.htm in SoCal. Their seats are a littlesofter, made to order, less expensiveand ordered/delivered to your door in less than 10 days....... No I don't own stock in the company.

Old 04-07-2007 | 08:02 PM
Eglider05
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: LOU

I've had Corbin's on most of my bikes; I like 'em. Lately I have tried LaPerras and recently purchased seats for my Superglide and Street Glide from C&C Seatshttp://www.harleyseats.net/index.htm in SoCal. Their seats are a littlesofter, made to order, less expensiveand ordered/delivered to your door in less than 10 days....... No I don't own stock in the company.
How do you like the C&C seats? I just bought a Fastback for my Eglide and should receive it next week.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 04-07-2007 | 08:06 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I just switched from a Mustang seat to a Corbin seat and right out of the box the Corbin seat fit like a glove...perfect. I didn't need any break in time, it just felt really good - well worth the money. And as far as the looks, you can't beat it. The seat hugs the bike and look awsome. My signature has the Corbin Classic Solo with Backrest and Passenger Pillion. Believe me, you are going to love the Corbin seat.

Old 04-07-2007 | 08:54 PM
gordo24fan
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: LOU

I've had Corbin's on most of my bikes; I like 'em. Lately I have tried LaPerras and recently purchased seats for my Superglide and Street Glide from C&C Seats http://www.harleyseats.net/index.htm in SoCal. Their seats are a little softer, made to order, less expensive and ordered/delivered to your door in less than 10 days....... No I don't own stock in the company.
LOL...I wasn't gonna say you did Lou. I'd also like to say thank you again for input guys. Hey Guilty, that seat looks sweet. Keep the inputs coming guys. Gives me something to think about until Monday.

Old 04-07-2007 | 09:14 PM
usecotton
Cruiser

Corbin, although expensive makes a great seat. My seat on my RKC is aCorbin.It is firm but very comfortable especially on longer rides. I have a stock seat on my 07 Ultra and i really dont like it. My butt goes numb and I dont like the look. The bad part is my wife loves the stock seat much better than the Corbin. She thinks the Corbin is too firm. Another prime example of ...everyone's butt is different. You may have the best thing going at the factory....getting that custom fit.
Good Luck

Old 04-07-2007 | 09:18 PM
kingtut73
Cruiser

well comming from a street bike with barely any seat and sitting on a corbin for the first time i was very dissapointed. i had the corbin hollywood solo seat and sold it right away.it was too slippery.i now have the Mustang daytripper and love it!!!

Old 04-07-2007 | 09:18 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Send your stock seat to Allen at Mean City Cycles. He can do whatever you like and add memory foam. You'll get a "new" seat for around $100.

He did this to mine and it made an amazing difference. Most comfortable seat I've ever had.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats???