Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 10:43 PM
SGChick
Tourer
Default RE: Corbin Seats???

I did a ride in at the Hollister Corbin factory and had great customer service. Seats are pretty subjective though. Ya never know how it will be for someone else....It is an expensive seat. I just finished a 300 mile ride today and my corbin seat was awesome. I've put over 1200 miles on it in the couple of months I've had it and done a couple of 300+ mile rides and rode from one fill-up to the next with no problems.

After having my seat done I decided to put the saddlebag guards on and the guards wouldn't fit with the new seat...so I went back to Corbin and they notched the seat to accomodate the saddlebag guards. ....charged me nothing. I'm definitely happy with their service!!

Good luck tomorrow Brian and let us know how it works out for you! Melanie

Old 04-09-2007 | 12:26 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

I don't care how comfortable my Corbin was, it's their crappy customer service that will keep me from giving them another dolloar of my money and I will tell everyone that asks not to buy from them.
If you were able to search my name on all the Corbin posts I have ever posted on - I always tell people that I have been lucky enough to live close to Holliser and have done their "ride in app" on my last two bikes...

With that said - when ever I talk about Corbin - I do tell people that I have heard many horror stories like yours and I really don't get it - but like yours - it happens... I tell people if they do mail order - keep very good notes and keep track of the names of people you talk to - not saying that would have made any difference in your case - just offering advice in trying prevent frustration. Since Corbin only has the one factory that makes seats - most of their business is going to be mail order - I agree their customers service needs to improve - I have heard many stories like yours - Had I been treated bad, I would be telling the world - However, like SGChick - mine was Great..

Old 04-09-2007 | 01:43 AM
gordo24fan
|
Tourer

I'm not to worried about how the seat will fit as I am going to there wharehouse and getting it fitted and installed while I am there. After Chicagos post I will however ask them to let me take it off and reinstall it once before I pay them one penny. I too was looking at the oval backrests. Went on a 120 mile ride today and was sore at end of ride again. Of course I had to ride back another 120 miles to get home and was sore again. Really hoping seat solves problem.

Old 04-09-2007 | 03:24 AM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

You will enjoy your "fit" tomorrow = be sure to post how it goes. I have had this seat on now since Feb/04 and I can do 300/400 mile days with out any problems and I do not have a back rest on mine. My seat is just that good. You will be at Corbin for several hours - enjoy the breakfast they will buy your (they should with the cost of the seat,lol) be sure to walk around the factory and enjoy the self guided tour.. I will be looking for your post tomorrow night..

Old 04-09-2007 | 02:49 PM
bagr
Advanced

I just put a Corbin Dual Touring saddle on my 04 Road Glide. I love the large Ovalback rider backrest. I have about 400 miles on it and yes it is hard but not uncomfortable. My seat raised me up about 2" and now I can see over the windshield. Before, the top of the shield was right in my sightline. Remember you don't sit into this seat as the stock seat squishes down. Also noticed it is a little wider in the front so i'm not a flat footed at a stop. I'm 5'8"-5'9".
The seat is about twice as heavy as the stocker. To me I'm sold on this seat, the fit and finish are great. I cannot ride with the rider backrest and a passenger, just not enough room.
Also my wife also likes the detachable backrest better than the
detachable Chopped Tourpak (more Room). I will be modifying the mount back 2" on the tourpak for added room. These are some of the things noticed in the short time I had it (about 1 month).
My $.02

Old 04-09-2007 | 02:50 PM
LOU
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

ORIGINAL: LOU

I've had Corbin's on most of my bikes; I like 'em. Lately I have tried LaPerras and recently purchased seats for my Superglide and Street Glide from C&C Seatshttp://www.harleyseats.net/index.htm in SoCal. Their seats are a littlesofter, made to order, less expensiveand ordered/delivered to your door in less than 10 days....... No I don't own stock in the company.
Thanks, this looks like the place I'll get my next one from.............soon. Lovin the FASTBACK seat on their site!!![sm=drooldude.gif]
I installed my new C&C Fastback seat a couple weeks ago and I love it. We rode around Lake Tahoe (41/2 hrs. total) and it felt already broken in. I don't think you would go wrong with one of their seats. Mine is a Fastback with the piping stitching (looks Danny Grey) it also features a 7 inch lumbar support, lower by 1" and back 1". I'll post pictures soon.

Old 04-09-2007 | 06:21 PM
LOU
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

i didnt care for the c&c solo...still have it with custom red stitchin on leather with the pillon...you want it??

nothing beats a Corbin IMO
No I don't want the solo butt thanks; they don't have enough back support for me. My butt your butt they're all different; thats what makes this country great.

Old 04-09-2007 | 07:56 PM
jmorton10
Road Captain

I just switched from a Mustang seat to a Corbin seat and right out of the box the Corbin seat fit like a glove...perfect. I didn't need any break in time, it just felt really good - well worth the money. And as far as the looks, you can't beat it. The seat hugs the bike and look awsome.
Same here, I switched from Mustang to Corbin also & I love it.

The Corbin leather is way more comfortable(Mustang's only come in vinyl)& looks much better also(It always bugged me how the Mustang left all the ugly farme weld exposed)

~John

Old 04-09-2007 | 08:04 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master

Where is the place to buy the Corbin???

Old 04-09-2007 | 09:02 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Gordo24fan - Its 5pm here in CA - So, where is your post??? time to park the bike and let us know how it went today???

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats???