Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:54 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Default RE: Corbin Seats???

After their customer service as of late, I will NEVER BUY ANYTHING CORBIN AGAIN!! I had a problem with my seat for my VTX, called and told them of the problem of it not matching up to the tank well. They told me I was putting it on wrong!! I respectfully disagreed with Octavio and he said to send it back and they will have a look at it. Send it back on my dime, 4 weeks go by and no word. Call Octavio and he says they looked at it, put it on their test bike and it was fine, I was putting it on wrong!! They send it back to me, charge me for return shipping(or they were going to keep it) and I get the box back. They never even opened the box. I had put special tape that I know is mine and even wrote on the tape. It was never even cut open, f-ing bastards.

Want my advice......DO NOT BUY CORBIN PRODUCTS!!!!

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:54 PM
gordo24fan
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Beemervet

I love guys like you Clark. My last three Corbins were purchased cheap with less than 500 miles from people who thought soft equals comfort.
LOL...I'm really thinking firm is what my azz requires to stop that sore Tail feeling.

Old 04-08-2007 | 01:09 PM
jraven
Cruiser

I was going to go with a corbin but ran across a LePera Daytona 2-up seat at a steal on ebay. guy thought it was too hard for his butt. Got it for less than half price and its like new. Put it on my RK and fell in love. Traded the RK in for a SG yesterday and put the seat on the SG as soon as I rolled into my garage. Love it

Old 04-08-2007 | 01:12 PM
dankral
2nd Gear

I have a Corbin seat on my 2004 Road King and would agree with many of the others who have responded. Give it some time and break the seat in before you make a final decision. Just like bicycle seats, the softer gel seats tend to squirm around a bit and rub you incorrectly. The firmer seats are much better for longer rides.

Another thing I like about the Corbin seats is the Corbin Ovalbac backrest. I can move it between either location easily depending on whether I am riding one or two-up. It flips down to give a nice low-profile look when not in-use, and the Ovalbac has the center cut-out which allows air to flow through rather than creating a sweat spot.

I kept my eye on Ebay and finally found a great seat at a great price for my bike. Saved several hundred for sure and the seat was near-perfect. You can find alot of Ovalbac backrests listed as well.

When the seat begins to show more wear than you care for years down the road, Corbin will re-cover it for you which is still cheaper than purchasing an all new seat.

Hope this helps.

Dan

[IMG]local://upfiles/29032/ED20D99859304A338C4FAAC66261E671.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-08-2007 | 01:14 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

You mean, Corbin MIGHT recover it, they might also tell you that you were sitting on the seat wrong

Old 04-08-2007 | 03:30 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Corbin is not cheap by anymeans - However, I have had three HD since 96 and each have had the Corbin - the last two were "ride in app" in Hollister (I live in Turlock) I Love my Corbins... the last bike was a Dual Touring seat complete with Corbin tourpac set up.. We spent 6 hours there and they are Great to work with - I even tipped the builder for being so good... He spent a lot of time with my wife and her "back seat" I now have had that bike since Feb 04 and logged many miles on it - I would not go any other way.... And by going to Corbin - they will build it to YOUR BUTT - it will fit like a glove... they will work for awhile, have you go for a test ride and work some more... don't be shy about being picky - take your time, make it right...

any more questions... pm me for my phone number...

Old 04-08-2007 | 05:01 PM
clarkg1124
Advanced

Beemervet,
If I am ever stupid enough to buy another Corbin seat,you will be welcome to buy it cheap!!!
For the record,I left it on a trade-in,and it had 9,000 miles on it,so itwas as broken-in as it was ever going to be.If that is comfort,I don't want any.My Sundowner was comfortable from day 1,and gets better as the miles pile up.
Clark

Old 04-08-2007 | 06:24 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: clarkg1124

Beemervet,
If I am ever stupid enough to buy another Corbin seat,you will be welcome to buy it cheap!!!
For the record,I left it on a trade-in,and it had 9,000 miles on it,so itwas as broken-in as it was ever going to be.If that is comfort,I don't want any.My Sundowner was comfortable from day 1,and gets better as the miles pile up.
Clark
This goes to prove what I and many others have said over time here - Corbin is not for everyone.. I am glad you found a seat that works for you - not much is More unconfortable than a sore butt on a long ride...

The one big advantage the poster here will have over a lot of others is that he will be at the corbin factory and the seat will be custom built to him - that will take care of a lot of problems - still I have found the Corbin is either a love or hate type of affair - I still love mine

Old 04-08-2007 | 09:02 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

I don't care how comfortable my Corbin was, it's their crappy customer service that will keep me from giving them another dolloar of my money and I will tell everyone that asks not to buy from them.

Old 04-08-2007 | 09:33 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

mine was off the shelf...i loved it....when it arrived there was a tear underneath...they sent me another one, never came for the first and never charged me....after acoupla months i gave it to a friend....their CS was good to me, sorry you had a bad time...Corbin doesnt fit all butts...i think a ride in custom build would be wonderful

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats???