Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007 | 11:13 PM
raporte
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Corbin Seats???

Corbin is harder...but not hard, to me. Last year ran out to Dillon, CO (around 750 miles) in a day and had no problems with monkey butt at all. And my butt just turned 60 last Saturday.

To me ya buy quality, ya get quality. My RK and Corbin Dual Tour are in my pic below in the Badlands on the way to Sturgis.

Old 04-07-2007 | 11:34 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

yep...i have a corbin on my goldwing, still getting used to it. but i still feel the corbin is much better than stock.

weet

Old 04-07-2007 | 11:39 PM
dnewman88
5th Gear

Corbin,....15 hr. day last summer, Utah to Calif. no problem.

Old 04-07-2007 | 11:48 PM
US Rider
Cruiser

I had a Classic Solo on my Softtail for 7 years. The first purchase for my Street Glide was a Corbin seat. Just asked the wife what she thought of hers (on a Sportster), she likes it more than the Mustang on her previous bike. And that's saying alot. Last summers tour, 3,700 miles in 2 weeks, no complaints.

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:26 AM
gordo24fan
|
Tourer

You guys are the best. That is why I come here for advice. I am feeling much better about the appointment with Corbin on Monday. I've heard they will spend as long as it takes to get your seat custom fit to your butt. I think a soft seat is sometimes a bad thing. Causes you to squirm.

Old 04-08-2007 | 01:00 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

I have riden a Corbin for the last 5 years. I have not had the pleasure of having them modify one for me, but my Dad did on his Fatboy Dual Tour. My Mom just could not get comfortable, so they rode over to Corbin and those guys spent 3 hours trimming and shaping. They are very satisfied. I'm sure you will be too.

Old 04-08-2007 | 10:12 AM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master

In 1994 I had a new Road King, I rode from Dayton OH to Asheville for a Rally. At the rally I tied a Corbin and fell in love with it. I shipped my old seat back and rode home with the Corbin.

I have had two more RKC and both had a Corbin touring as my first addition. Last July I bought a new SG and I thought the stock seat was fairly comfortable. We were planing a 9000 mile trip across Canada about a week after I bought the SG so I took off on a short trip to get my first 1000 miles in and a service before the trip. I got about 75 miles from the house on the stock seat and called my wife and ask her to get on the web and have me a Corbin seat shipped in (cost was not considered). The new seat was sent to me in a few days. We made the trip and I could not have been happier.

Yes they do feel hard at first.

Yes they are costly.

Yes they, like ever thing else, may have gone down hill in the past years.

But for me I think they are the best out there.

Just my opinion.

Old 04-08-2007 | 10:33 AM
thesmithiz
Cruiser

I have a Corbin Classic solo with backrest on my RKC and couldn't be happier. I think hard is the wrong word here it should be firm andfirm means support. Lack of support is what gives you that sore tail bone and burning pain sensation. When I put mine on it felt great right away and got better as it formed to me and my riding position. the other difference came from adding the backrest as it prevents you from pushing your tailbone back into the seat for support.

Old 04-08-2007 | 11:25 AM
clarkg1124
Advanced

To my butt,Corbin seats are like sitting on lumber.My RK has an HD Sundowner and I love it.
Clark

Old 04-08-2007 | 11:53 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I love guys like you Clark. My last three Corbins were purchased cheap with less than 500 miles from people who thought soft equals comfort.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats???