Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007 | 09:57 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Corbin Seats???

My stock seat really hurt my tailbone after about an hour in the saddle. I ordered a Corbin Dual Tour and when I opened the box I thought My Gawd this seat is hard. I mounted it on my bike and took off riding. It felt really comfortable from the gitgo and did not require any breakin period as I recall. I have a little over 40K miles on/in it and still think it is great. Days of over 500 miles are no problem.

Old 04-07-2007 | 10:00 PM
Doc
Cruiser

3rd Harley, 3rd Corbin. I wouldn't ride with anything else.

Doc :-)

Old 04-07-2007 | 10:15 PM
Oleman
Advanced

I switched to Corbin last year. First 1000 miles does take some getting used to and it forms to you. After that I would not switch to anything else. They are firm but all of the pains I had with stock seat are gone.

Old 04-07-2007 | 10:23 PM
HogBack
Road Master

gorgo... firm and comfortable is much more accurate than hard and uncorfortable. I had a Corbin on my metric, and FLHTC, and now have one on my FLHRI. I got the Corbin Solo, with the back rest (you can not put a backrest on the Solo Hollywood).

I made 2 trips to Tucson with the stock seat, and 2 trips with the Corbin in a two week period, so my memory is fresh on the results of the rides. The first two hours were fine with both seats. With the stock seat at about three hours of riding, I felt the burning numb hit at Saddleback Road in Oracle, AZ, but I kept going, determined to keep with my plan to ride two hours before stopping for gas and a break. On the very same route with the Corbin, at three hours I was very comfortable, in fact I remembered very clearly saying to my self, "this is where I was really numb on the last two trips before I got the Corbin"....

Good Luck

Hogback

Old 04-07-2007 | 10:23 PM
Newkid52
Intermediate

I'd like to thank everyone for their input. I'm also looking at a Corbin Classic Solo seat. I even sat on one in their Daytona store during bike week last month. Felt good, but 500 bucks makes you think twice. I'm still riding on my stock seat on my '05 RK Classic and did a 3 hour ride thru NYC last Sept.and I was numb from my waist to my knees. I'm still so confused.....More help Please....

Old 04-07-2007 | 10:25 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior

I swear by Corbin. A big plus in my book is the removable passenger back rests on the dual touring saddles. No docking hardware needed. I solo with corbin's gunfighter and when the wife ride with me, one minute and the solo is off, the touring saddle is on and she has a backrest to boot. I looked at the C&C saddles mentioned above, i like em, but again, as with everybody else other then corbin, if you want a passenger backrest, your stuck with that stinkin' docking hardware. Something to think about, Rich

Old 04-07-2007 | 10:50 PM
markdt
Road Captain

I put a gunfighter/lady seat on my sporty the second year I bought it. The first year with the stock seatI was always sliding back and the wife complained after 1/2 hour of riding. With the detachable backrest for me and her we now ride from fill-up to fill-up without any problems. When I first took it out of the box , my 1st instinct was to send it back , it was really hard. Glad I tried it out . The rise for the pasenger pillion keeps me from sliding back when I let it rip. I can ride all day with this seat. It may not look as cool as a low profile seat that most sporty riders seem to have, but man is it ever comfortable.. Mark...

Old 04-07-2007 | 10:54 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: LOU

I've had Corbin's on most of my bikes; I like 'em. Lately I have tried LaPerras and recently purchased seats for my Superglide and Street Glide from C&C Seatshttp://www.harleyseats.net/index.htm in SoCal. Their seats are a littlesofter, made to order, less expensiveand ordered/delivered to your door in less than 10 days....... No I don't own stock in the company.
Thanks, this looks like the place I'll get my next one from.............soon. Lovin the FASTBACK seat on their site!!![sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 04-07-2007 | 10:59 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned

i didnt care for the c&c solo...still have it with custom red stitchin on leather with the pillon...you want it??

nothing beats a Corbin IMO

Old 04-07-2007 | 11:10 PM
Rollon
Road Master

I liked my Corbin. it spreads the "pressure" across your thighs, not just your butt. I'm trying a Mean city modified seat now, to keep the cost down. I'll provide input on it after i rack up a few miles, so far, so good.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats???