Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart slip ons on an '07

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:34 AM
06BlackWG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Rinehart slip ons on an '07

I really don't like the look of the SE's but you do have a good point about warranty. Just wonder if the dealer is telling the truth or just keeping owners from buying elswhere. This is not uncommen and I do know that my dealer will honor the warranty if they install the V&H's slip-on's because they said they would. So are they going to install the sip-on's and charge me for a retune that wasn't needed? Just wondering.

I bought the V&H'sslip-on's, but haven't decided on the stage 1air filter& tune-up. May installeverything and have dealer do tune up. Would like to see bike run a little cooler.

BTW, the dealer wanted over $800 for SE slip-on's ( $299.95 ) SE stage 1 air filter ( $139.95 ) and the reprogram ( ? ). This did not include SERT, CMIII, etc. A mechanic can change the pipes and air filter in a half hour and reprogram in maybe another half hour. Not complaining, just don't like spending more than I have to. Got my slip-on's for $205 delivered.

Hope I'm not out of line.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:21 AM
tackleberry1145
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

ORIGINAL: tackleberry1145

By putting on slip ons, you are leaning out the engine even more than harley has from the factory...and you can feel how lean it is from the freakin ridiculous heat on the 07s. Guess you weren't aware that you CAN install just slip-on mufflers and that the o2 sensors/integrators will modify the ECM mapping for this change, it's called ADAPTIVE FUEL..... And what do you constitute as LEAN????? The factory setting is at 14.6 for closed loop, and 11.5-13 for hard /heavy loads????? High heat is a by-product of DISPLACEMENT, lubrication, newness of motorand a lack of air movement....

I can tell you that from my personal experience, adding the v&h slip ons and the SERT (properly tuned...) added a great deal ofrideability to the scoot, as well as getting rid ofa pretty good amount of the heat from the rear cylinder.Do you think that maybe it had something to do with the rear cylinder being fattened up, along with the fact that the motor has broken in a bit????
Sorry I don't have your extensive expertise, just passing on information given to me by my mechanic and my experience. Nice job at being a dik(Try using other terms, you really should be attempting to help out as I was to you, by educating you to the capabilities of the 07 ECM programming strategies)though, you apparently have a wealth ofexperience in that field as well.(You know nothing about me, nor I to you, but again, I was merely attempting to EDUCATE you...)

Makes me sorry to have posted trying to help a guy out, using MY experiences. Just to let you know I DID try my slip ons without the SERT tuner and was not happy with the way the bike was running. The bike DID run better and cooler once it was properly tuned.

Why don't you try and be helpful to the original poster instead of trying to bash those who are posting with their attempts at doing so.
Where was the bashing???? Did you feel that I scolded or unjustly corrected you??? If so, that was not the point, but if you feel that way, oh well.. Life goes on.....

Old 04-08-2007, 11:59 AM
jimhd89
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Shovelhead Bob. Thank you for giving us this information.I have been around the forum for quite a while and respect you knowledge and straight up facts. I just traded our 05 flstsc last week for 07 flhtc. After reading the wealth of information on these new 07 touring bikes I also wanted to just go with slip on mufflers at this time.While I have 40 some years at riding and building harleys. the new electronics and closed loop FI present the need for proper information. Thanks again. I'm just an old rider learning new things with respect for the changes.