Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a random thought

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:23 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts
Default a random thought

I've been off recovering from a surgery for about a week. And being off and around the house surfing the internet and this forum a great deal. I've about come to the conclusion that I want to step up from my fat bob to a bagger. As my woman came across looking at my research she says "I don't like the bikes with the big fairings and saddlebags, they just don't flow with the bike." She is a form over function girl and she had the best response I have heard when I explained the usefulness of the fairing and radio. "I wear uncomfortable shoes all day because they are pretty" Too simple to overcome that statement lol. Just wondering if any other riders on here has a woman who thought like that when you were thinking about getting a touring bike.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:28 PM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My wife thought the same thing until I got into a wreck. The cop told her since is the fact that I was riding a bigger bike (RK) it probably saved my life. When I bought a new bike, she was insistent that it had a fairing...more protection = more safety in her eyes. I bought an RGU.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Six7One
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could tell her she'd be the prettiest thing on the bike. And that the bike looks won't matter once she is on it.

Or you could tell her you put her on the bike even though she's a pain...because she's pretty...

YMMV

I am lucky, the wife loves denim black and I love denim black. So any Harley in that color was our color.

A road king is a cruiser looking bike that is a bagger.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:33 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

My wife didn't care for the batwing when I brought it home, but she sure enjoys riding it more than she did our heritage.

Dennis

Old 08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Six7One
A road king is a cruiser looking bike that is a bagger.
No Sh*t? Thanks CPT Obvious

Old 08-12-2014, 12:56 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

six7one, your first statement might work second one not so much, she's 4'11 of feisty when riled lol. She does love the charcoal pearl on the street glides so I do have that going for me other than she hates all the chrome on the glide so I know I'll have to black it out like I've done with my fat bob, I like em either way. And if i'm spending good money on a touring bike I want a full fairing my fat bob already has some basic bags and a quarter fairing.
My main selling point I'm using is telling her when we make longer rides she can have some music this way instead of humming her own songs. After a few hours she starts doing the drums on my back and shoulders lol

Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

My wife loved our fat boy until she rode on the back of a Electra glide classic. Now, its a full bagger or nothing.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:07 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Take her on a 300 to 400 mile ride, or better yet a 2,000 mile ride, Four 500 mile days. She will write the check for your bagger at the rides conclusion.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Hotrodz_n_Harleyz
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Never been so much of a fairing guy myself really... it's all realative. Folks like what they like. For me though, that road king front end is just the absolute picture of classic.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:20 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

ha scottt you might be onto something. unfortunately it'll take more than a 500 mile ride in one day. we did that already in a group with two buddies and their softails. the progressive 430's did their job well and she was rocking and rolling better than the guy's wives or even one of the husbands lol.

Quick Reply: a random thought