Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower the bike or get a new seat or deal with it???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 10:44 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Lower the bike or get a new seat or deal with it???

ORIGINAL: UMCGENERAL

Thanks for the info.!! I am going to give Meancitycycles a call tomorrow and see what Allen says about narrowing the seat and dropping me down a bit.
I replied to your email and can lower you and actually make the seat more comfortable...allot cheaper than buying a new seat also

Old 04-09-2007 | 02:07 PM
TRUBRIT
Tourer

I am 5' 8" and have the Sundowner on my SG. I just had a local Seat Guy (Ft. Lauderdale) remove some foam from the front and replace with a Gel pad. I also had him remove some from the sides. I am now flatfooted one up, no loss of comfort.

Old 04-09-2007 | 08:41 PM
oley55
Road Captain

Corbin Dual seat depending on model year will decrease ground reach. if you go with their newer 06 and up dual seat the ground reach will be fine, but the passengerseating area is smaller.So I went with the older 05 and earlierseat being concerned about Grandma staying happy. that was a mistake for me, and ended up having to wait for their seat wizard from the left coast to visit their Daytona (Orman Bch) store during bike week for a modification. pretty happy now with the ground reach but the Corbin also sets me back further. been thinking about getting the extended reach handlebars now. just another hoop to jump through because H-D seems to be skimping on an insignificant item like the rider's saddle.

really don't know about the lowering option. I considered it, but remain apprehensive. I drag footboards pretty regularly now and worry I'd loose too muchcornering room. I couldn't stand not being able to lay that thing way over in the curves............ Also concerned lowering would causebottoming-out(which it is not a problem now).