Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Super Touring Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014 | 08:39 PM
Streetrunner
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Mustang Super Touring Seat

I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a Mustang Super touring seat because I have been feeling cramped on my stock EG seat.
This is one wide seat, good construction but of course I have a problem. I now feel like I'm reaching for the handlebars which is making the back of my neck ache along with the shoulder blades. I feel like I'm leaning forward but the seat wants me to sit back. I'm 6' with a 32" inseam, am I too short for this seat? I'm thinking that maybe I got so used to being cramped I now have to get used to space. I have only put about 50 miles on the seat so far. Also wondering if a backrest would help.
How tall are others that ride and love this seat?

Old 08-08-2014 | 08:58 PM
Rollon
Road Master

Man, I sure understand! I'm 5'6" and I have my seats custom made by Corbin. I've had 3 Corbin seats and they have worked well. I thing I have found out is that setting position, leaning forward or seating straight up, really impacts the amount of padding needed. the more upright you sit, the more padding you'll need.

Good luck!

Old 08-08-2014 | 09:13 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and bought a Mustang Super touring seat because I have been feeling cramped on my stock EG seat.
This is one wide seat, good construction but of course I have a problem. I now feel like I'm reaching for the handlebars which is making the back of my neck ache along with the shoulder blades. I feel like I'm leaning forward but the seat wants me to sit back. I'm 6' with a 32" inseam, am I too short for this seat? I'm thinking that maybe I got so used to being cramped I now have to get used to space. I have only put about 50 miles on the seat so far. Also wondering if a backrest would help.
How tall are others that ride and love this seat?
Order the Mustang backrest. It is fully adjustable so you can use it to "straighten" your back a bit putting your shoulders and arms closer to the bars. I am 5'10" with 31" inseam and the backrest made the seat work for me. Sorry you are having this trouble. I have been through it all more than once...stick with it. Once you get everything right motorcycling will never be better.

Old 08-08-2014 | 09:39 PM
Streetrunner
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Charlie Fogg
Order the Mustang backrest. It is fully adjustable so you can use it to "straighten" your back a bit putting your shoulders and arms closer to the bars. I am 5'10" with 31" inseam and the backrest made the seat work for me. Sorry you are having this trouble. I have been through it all more than once...stick with it. Once you get everything right motorcycling will never be better.
Thanks, you have been very helpful through this endeavor, its appreciated!
I will try the backrest. I think part of it is getting used to a new seating position, i may have become accustomed to being cramped! LOL

Old 08-08-2014 | 10:03 PM
ryan06
Tourer
Veteran: Canadian Forces

You need some apes on that bike, fix you right up.