Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:08 PM
GungHo-HD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krutch
New tires! Take home the ones with some miles left on for future use.
If you need to change them while on the road, it will cost much more than to do it before the trip. And could take a day to get a tire in at some shops. Be prepared when taking a trip. Get a possible tire problem off your mind.
I put another 1000 miles on my stock Dunlop's since I first posted this thread and am leaving on my trip in the morning. Here is what I decided.

Purchased a Quality jack for the money that I would of paid a HD dealer to install a new set of stock HD Dunlop's which would only get me another 8000 miles and would have to do it all over again. I ordered on-line from Jake Wilson new Michelin Commander II tires for $300.00 and installed them myself. The job really was not all that hard, took the wheels to a local indy to have mounted and dynamically balanced for 20.00 a wheel.

I am so glad that I purchased the Comander II tires. Wow, what a huge difference over stock. These things improved the ride two fold and handle so much better than the stock Dunlop tires ever did even when new. Now I have my own jack and am capable of installing tires for 340 per set. Well worth the change and very affordable compared to how the dealer ripped me last year.

I'm happy with my decisions and thanks for all of your help. Now off on my trip.