Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory foam on SG seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Memory foam on SG seat

Has anyone had the Memory Foam modification done on their stock Street Glide seat? Wondering if it made a significant and worthwhile difference in the ride.
I use a SG seat when my tour-pak is off but notice that small bumps feel much harsher compared to the stock EG seat.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:31 PM
RobsSG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a custom seat made from a sundowner and the maker added memory foam to both mine and my wifey seat area. He even cut an indention for her tailbone towards the very back of the passenger seat to releive any pressure. This was an excellent idea as many females suffer from issues there after childbirth. Very comfy. I'd recommend it.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

Any others with a SG seat modification?

Old 08-05-2014, 07:22 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,528 Likes on 22,675 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
Has anyone had the Memory Foam modification done on their stock Street Glide seat?

Wondering if it made a significant and worthwhile difference in the ride.
Yes to the first question and no to the second.

Running the rider only version of the HD Hammock.
Like it so much I bought another one to have as a spare.

This was after the mod-ed RG MCC seat, the C & C seat and the HD Sundowner.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:33 AM
2014streetglide
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you can contact mean city cycles and see what that can do to help. there's a couple of threads in the Rushmore section about their seat mods. I just scheduled to get my stock seat modified with memory foam as well.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:43 AM
stircrazy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my ElectraGlide seat with 1" high density memory foam. huge difference but my seat was worn out so it might not be the best comparison. the seat is a lot harder but way more comfortable. I do have to take it back to the local upholstery place that did it but that is because he forgot to drop my sitting position down and left it at the stock height.

Steve

Old 08-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2014streetglide
you can contact mean city cycles and see what that can do to help. there's a couple of threads in the Rushmore section about their seat mods. I just scheduled to get my stock seat modified with memory foam as well.
The reason I originally asked the question is because I recently had my EG seat back and forth to them 2 times for repositioning and it was totally unsuccessful so I was wondering if I just got the foam installed on my SG seat for when the tour pak is off if it would soften the ride. The SG seat puts me in a good riding position but is very harsh over small bumps as compared to the cramped EG seat.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:35 AM
2014streetglide
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
The reason I originally asked the question is because I recently had my EG seat back and forth to them 2 times for repositioning and it was totally unsuccessful so I was wondering if I just got the foam installed on my SG seat for when the tour pak is off if it would soften the ride. The SG seat puts me in a good riding position but is very harsh over small bumps as compared to the cramped EG seat.

Every review I read said they do great work, that's why I chose them. I'm hoping I don't get moved forward or backwards cause that position is perfect for me. I just needed it lowered. But again, from about 99% of the post and reviews about them were very positive. I guess I'll find out soon enough LOL