Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 ultra? Good price? And some questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 10:09 PM
ryan9977
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2010 ultra? Good price? And some questions

Ok so I have been on the lookout for a bigger bike...still got my sportster...anyway I'm 6'4 300 pounds.....so I'm not worried about the weight or more power etc.....I know a guy selling a bike, what I know so far

2010 electra glide ultra...red
About 5000 miles
Has exhaust upgrade, possibly a full stage one
Looks immaculate in pics
Not sure if it has abs which would be a deal breaker but I thought I read it was standard on those bikes?

I guess my questions from all u guys more experienced would be

1) what's the deal with the radio, never had one...do u need the lowers on for it to work or the trunk...what happens if I take them off, can it use the radio....there r speakers there so it has to be connected somehow to the radio....is it a massive pita to remove them if I wanna streamline it a little?

2)he's asking 14000. Haven't talked to him yet and don't know if he would take less but from blue book values seems like a fair price..what do u guys think

3) what's with use fairing...is it hard getting used to...I was thinking about a road king originally because I never had a bike with a fairing and was worried I wouldn't like it....to those with a fairing, do u love it, hate it....would u ever get a bike without one now?

4)I originally thought about a road king...I can get a road king I figure say 2009 or better for 14000 or under easily come winter time...is it worth it to get an ultra, the big daddy and just call it a day....not sure...

I guess I'm just worried, this is gonna be a big purchase no mater which bike I get...I'm a cheapskate so if I do decide to make the guy an offr u think 12500 is out of line?....thanks for any responses, I really appreciate the time u guys take to answer , I have learned a lot and read as much as I can...ryan

Old 07-17-2014, 10:16 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ryan9977
Ok so I have been on the lookout for a bigger bike...still got my sportster...anyway I'm 6'4 300 pounds.....so I'm not worried about the weight or more power etc.....I know a guy selling a bike, what I know so far

2010 electra glide ultra...red
About 5000 miles
Has exhaust upgrade, possibly a full stage one
Looks immaculate in pics
Not sure if it has abs which would be a deal breaker but I thought I read it was standard on those bikes?

I guess my questions from all u guys more experienced would be

1) what's the deal with the radio, never had one...do u need the lowers on for it to work or the trunk...what happens if I take them off, can it use the radio....there r speakers there so it has to be connected somehow to the radio....is it a massive pita to remove them if I wanna streamline it a little?

2)he's asking 14000. Haven't talked to him yet and don't know if he would take less but from blue book values seems like a fair price..what do u guys think

3) what's with use fairing...is it hard getting used to...I was thinking about a road king originally because I never had a bike with a fairing and was worried I wouldn't like it....to those with a fairing, do u love it, hate it....would u ever get a bike without one now?

4)I originally thought about a road king...I can get a road king I figure say 2009 or better for 14000 or under easily come winter time...is it worth it to get an ultra, the big daddy and just call it a day....not sure...

I guess I'm just worried, this is gonna be a big purchase no mater which bike I get...I'm a cheapskate so if I do decide to make the guy an offr u think 12500 is out of line?....thanks for any responses, I really appreciate the time u guys take to answer , I have learned a lot and read as much as I can...ryan
ABS was an option for the 2010 model-year Ultra.

Lowers or the Tour-Pak does not have to be on the bike for the radio t work, but removing the Tour-Pak typically means installing a quick-detachable rack, and you do have to relocate the antennas.

$14k seems pretty reasonable to me, but then the new '14's have taken a resale-value hit on all the previous model-years. Not to say that a 2006 or 2010 or even a 2013 can't be a good choice, and with the diminished resale values, that can actually mean a great deal overall. I wouldn't sell mine for that price. You can certainly offer any price you want; worse thing that could happen is you make the seller mad and go home empty handed. But I'm the type of person that if I see something I like and it's priced fairly, I don't feel I need to try and steal it or take advantage of someone who might be down on their luck. But then, I guess I'll never be a millionaire with that attitude.

I've had four Ultra's and for me, that's my kind of bike. I do like the Street Glide but then it has the same Bat-wing fairing. Road King's are cool, but just not want I would want for my type of riding. if I lived in Vegas, as a second bike and only for riding the boulevard, I'd certainly have one.

If you don't have a current Parts & Accessories, go to http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ersion=desktop and select a 2010 Ultra, then check out all the upgrades and how you can transform the bike more to your riding style.

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 07-17-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

14k's pretty good for that year/bike. Lowers come off fairly easy & speakers unplug. Weight difference and riding position are your big differences (of course) so start off slow and get the new feel. Otherwise...good luck and let us know how the deal goes.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:35 AM
ryan9977
Tourer

So my friend came back and said it was actually a 2008 model. And no ABS. Oh well the search continues I guess thanks for all the information though. Ryan