Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 02:38 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: 07?

If you are in San Antonio you should not be quoted over msrp. I believe Caliente HD is asking msrp and so is Alamo City HD but Alamo will probably deal. Also check Javalina HD in Boerne and Gruene HD in Gruene. There are also two or three dealers in Austin. If you don't mind a ride, check The Harley Davidson Shop in Big Spring. At one time they were selling under msrp.

Old 04-05-2007 | 07:15 AM
Snort
Road Captain

I got my RK Classic for under MSRP and think that I could have done better but I'm not the ultimate negotiator either
You've got to remember, these dealers sell bikes every day. We buy them rarely. They have more practice than us!
Start $2k low and throw in some snags a long the way like free jacket or chrome goodies.
Plan on spending a couple of hours at least to make the deal.
Also tell them you are unsure of their dealership with some of the stories you have heard about service and warranty. It will put them on their heels a little bit.
Don't forget to balk at their financing too if you plan on using it. They will go down when you tell them what your bank will do.
They will also try to sell you the extended warranty and upgraded service contract, both BS IMO but some people feel better with them.
AND, have your insurance ready to go because they sell that and make money too.
It will not offend them if you try to get the best deal, it's just a game to them.

Old 04-05-2007 | 09:20 AM
cwoodall
Advanced

............or if you're nearthe Houston area, go to Harley-Davidson of the Woodlands. Good folks and they will work with you. I pulled a '07 Ultra out of there for MSRP with no probs at all.

Old 04-05-2007 | 09:29 AM
FLHRSteve
Intermediate

I talked to all the dealers in a 100 mile radius and none of them would deal below MSRP. They even looked at me a little funny when I asked about it. One dealer even had the ***** to say something like "You're not buying a car.. this is a toy you are buying and this is the price"

I ended up paying MSRP at a different dealer, butI got them to lower the cost other ways:

1) I didn't pay the $330 freight charge
2) They threw in a taillight conversion kit ($60)
3) The split the parts and labor for cruise control add-on ($275)

Not a ton of savings over MSRP, but better than a sharp stick in the eye. [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 04-05-2007 | 09:38 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

you have to get them when there pants are down. However some reason they all wear belt with suspenders. LOL

Old 04-05-2007 | 10:59 AM
fd2430
Advanced

I went to my dealership in January & told them I wanted a RK Custom. They went $500 below MSRP & waived freight $ setup fees. They also included a free 1000 mile checkup service & 1 year of free winter storage. They also gave me 15% off parts & clothes for 1 day. Anyway, I believe the best time to work over your local dealer is during their slow time & in Wisconsin-January is pretty slow!! I did add a few bells & whistles & ended up forking over $24,000 .

Old 04-05-2007 | 12:04 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

Just purchased my Road Glide and the dealer dropped the price of the bike $1200 below MSRP.

TIP!!!!!! Do NOT just go to one dealer. Take a list of options you want on the bike to one dealer and get and "Out the door" cost. This includes taxes/set-up/and any other fees the dealer tries to stick to you. Then take that same sheet and go to another dealer, see what happens. I went to 3 dealers and the one I'm buying from turned out to be $3400 cheaper than the others. It pays to shop around

Old 04-05-2007 | 04:57 PM
steelhead
Road Master

I spent a couple hours at a local dealer (Seattle) on Sunday and they would not budge off of MSRP + $500 + freight + setup. Whats more, the salesman told me that they would be raising the "over MSRP" amount on Touring models up to $1000 this week because "all the other local dealers had already done it". Needless to say, my wife and I walked.

In the interest of disclosing all the facts, I was looking to trade in an '07 XL1200C on a Heritage. Even though the Sporty is in excellent shape and has $1500 in add-ons, I knew I would likely take a hit on it. I didn't expect to be offered only wholesale bluebook though and then nothing to balance out on the new bike.

When I pushed a little on the cost of the Heritage I was told that they can sell every bike they have so no dealing.

Hopefully see what a couple of the other locals can do next week.

Old 04-05-2007 | 05:54 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

Even with Harley being in a bit of a slump, it's a bad time of year to get a deal, but try anyways and definitely don't pay overMSRP ....$17,865. Then try to dicker on the freight and accessories.

Old 04-05-2007 | 06:01 PM
SMT
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TXGALS

What is a good asking price for a new 07 Custom from a dealer? New to the site and we're looking forward to chatting...1st Harley...almost.
Dude,
Do your research, know what you want and go in and tell the dealer what you wanna pay, they will always listen to a fair offer. I have been on HD long before they were cool and have bought several new bikes and always got a good deal. The man is right...don't go to just one dealer! I let my fingers do the walking and called a dealer 150 miles from me and swung the deal on the phone. I just bought a new 2007 FLHRC/I with profile wheels and alarm for 21k OTD! And had em throw in some stuff. It can be done, just be asertive but not an *** and you'll get the bike and deal you are looking for.

Quick Reply: 07?