Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Woes Continue!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Seat Woes Continue!!

I just can't find a comfortable seat for my, new to me, 2010 EG. I'm coming off a '06 SG with a Sundowner seat that was modified by Mean City Cycles that was perfect.
On my EG I feel like I'm sitting on the tank. I have been through tall boy, sundowner and two different year stock seats to no avail.

I sent one of the stock seats to Mean City to be moved back with memory foam added. I just got it back today and sorry to say, I'm disappointed. the seating position feels almost the same but the memory foam feels more comfortable which doesn't help. The problem is I feel like the back support of the seat is pushing into my lower back and is very irritating.
A friend of mine has a new SG and he let me put his seat on my bike and sure enough it moved me back to a good position. Thinking I should go that route for when the tour pak is off. If anyone wants to get rid of one ('11-'14) you can PM me.
I've been thinking of Mustang, CC, etc but the problem I may have with them is I have two load equalizers and wiring for the tour pak under the seat which all fits into the HD cavitiy.
I don't know why the EG's sit you so close to the tank? It's the same foundation as the SG. Otherwise I love the bike!
I'm open to suggestions.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:01 PM
HDFLHXS14
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try the HD rally runner. I'm 330 pounds. I ride 300+ miles at a time on the seat. Doesn't crowd me on the tank and it bring me back enough to stretch my legs nicely. The first time you sit on it it feels like plywood for some reason but then just breaks into your bottom. Also if you'd like my 2014 sgs stock seat is in my attic and is going to stay there forever. It's only 1 month old.

Last edited by HDFLHXS14; 07-16-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

If you can try a Mustang seat. Also check the dealers in your area. Mine have a seat program where you can try all of the different seats that they can order.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:37 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

If you buy a seat from Mustang be sure to order it directly from Mustang. Ask them about their return policy. It is fantastic!

Old 07-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 738 Posts

Have you checked this company out? They have a 14 day trial time.
http://www.ultimateseats.ca/Harleyab...TR08andup.html

Old 07-16-2014, 06:03 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Next time you're at the Harley store check out the Hammock Rider. Harley sells the Hammock seat in 2 versions. Regular Hammock is set up for those that ride 2-up mostly but the Rider edition opens up more for the rider at the expense of the passenger seat area. In other words, it doesn't push you up toward the tank and you are sitting further back from the tank a touch. Very comfortable seat and I can ride it 10-12 hours without a problem.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:24 PM
thug23
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So I don't want to offend those who posted before me but I'm just giving my honest opinion trying to help out an obviously frustrated member here.
I too just went thru this same BS over the winter & I'm sure you can see my profile with many of the same questions....the bottom line is after researching numerous companies & sitting on plenty of sample seats it was very easy for me to pick & buy from C&C Seats !!
Forget about Mustang they're hard & sit you up too close to the tank just like many of the other top name brands. C&C Seats was very comfortable & sat me back away from the tank & lower than any of the other seats & not up high.
The other deciding factors for me was price & customer service & I can assure you I tortured these guys all winter with questions while my bike build was going on & they never let me down.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:29 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The hammock seat that came on my new CVO Limited (In sig pic) is the most comfortable seat I've ever had. Did 1,500 miles two weekends ago and I could've gone longer than that. A bonus is that it is heated. Highly recommended.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:50 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDFLHXS14
Try the HD rally runner. I'm 330 pounds. I ride 300+ miles at a time on the seat. Doesn't crowd me on the tank and it bring me back enough to stretch my legs nicely. The first time you sit on it it feels like plywood for some reason but then just breaks into your bottom. Also if you'd like my 2014 sgs stock seat is in my attic and is going to stay there forever. It's only 1 month old.
Can't ask for better than that..I hope you 2 work out a deal.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:13 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,808 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Originally Posted by mtgriz
Next time you're at the Harley store check out the Hammock Rider. Harley sells the Hammock seat in 2 versions. Regular Hammock is set up for those that ride 2-up mostly but the Rider edition opens up more for the rider at the expense of the passenger seat area. In other words, it doesn't push you up toward the tank and you are sitting further back from the tank a touch. Very comfortable seat and I can ride it 10-12 hours without a problem.
+1 Best seat Harley makes.

Quick Reply: Seat Woes Continue!!