Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Woes Continue!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 08:44 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

This is such an unfair topic---unfair because we all log on and tell you what "our" best seat is....and it's so subjective...and you may find that the seat we like is not good for you. We all like to help and is all we're doing....but when I read these threads, I feel bad for the OP(s) because they get the same answers....A,B,C,D are the best seats.

So here is "E" .....C&C has my money for as long as they keep making the C&C Solo with backrest the way they do and for as long as they keep making the passenger pillion as wide as they do--much wider than the stock SG passenger area. The seat is firm---which is what I like and what I was looking for. As a cyclist---I believe firm is better (my preference-others may disagree).

Having said that---good luck to you man....I hope you can find something that works. BTW...my C&C sits me back about an inch and down another inch. When I put the stock seat on---I hate it because I feel crammed forward and feel like I'm sitting high.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:30 AM
DLSSOJC
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Av8rPaul
That gator seat is awesome. My Mustang solo is super comfortable and dang good lookin'. I know all those beaded seat covers and crap are probably great to sit on, but I can't handle the New Delhi taxicab look. Just my opinion...
Yeah, I don't like the looks of beads and fur either. I tried one of those removable gel pads a few years ago and didn't like how it felt sitting on top of the regular seat and how it sat you up too tall.