Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing bra

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 07:40 AM
Tony Steele
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fairing bra

Do anyone use these? I'm considering one. I ride a lot and don't have time to wash the bike as often as I would like. Seems like a good investment I keep from scrubbing bugs off the paint all the time. I had the saddlebag covers on my 11 and was happy with those. Thoughts?

Old 07-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tony Steele
Do anyone use these? I'm considering one. I ride a lot and don't have time to wash the bike as often as I would like. Seems like a good investment I keep from scrubbing bugs off the paint all the time. I had the saddlebag covers on my 11 and was happy with those. Thoughts?
I've never had one on the bike, but it scratched up the nose of my old Vette from dirt getting underneath and rubbing. It's a double edged sword. You also will be cleaning the bugs off of the bra.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:59 AM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I wipe on wipe off a coat of Pig Snot on the fairing once or twice a year and the bugs just slide off with a rag without a lot of hassle.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:01 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I personally wouldn't. It always seemed like when you put one on a car, you might as well leave it on because it ruined the paint over time. It only takes a couple of minutes to hit the fairing with some detail spray and a microfiber. I keep a small can in my saddlebag. You spent all of that money, give her a little lovin' from time to time.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:34 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 643 Likes on 497 Posts

Bras of any kind...except for the original 'over the shoulder flopper stoppers'...are the most worthless of all accessories in my opinion. You put 'em on to protect the paint...and once you do and use it for any length of time, you ruin the paint! And the point would be?

Just forget the idea of a bra...they look stoopid anyway...and just get used to the concept...old school that it may be, EGAD!...that when you ride, your motorcycle will collect bug splat and get dirty! Either wash it...or do what I do, and as a daily/weekly maintenance, use something like Lucas Slick Mist or similar to maintain the finish.

Yeah, if it gets really dirty, you're just gonna have to get out the ol' wash pail and rags and get to work...but if you used compressed air or a leaf blower, it won't take so long. If you use that bra, you're gonna ruin the paint job underneath, guarandamnteed!

Old 07-13-2014, 09:34 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 643 Likes on 497 Posts

Bras of any kind...except for the original 'over the shoulder flopper stoppers'...are the most worthless of all accessories in my opinion. You put 'em on to protect the paint...and once you do and use it for any length of time, you ruin the paint! And the point would be?

Just forget the idea of a bra...they look stoopid anyway...and just get used to the concept...old school that it may be, EGAD!...that when you ride, your motorcycle will collect bug splat and get dirty! Either wash it...or do what I do, and as a daily/weekly maintenance, use something like Lucas Slick Mist or similar to maintain the finish.

Yeah, if it gets really dirty, you're just gonna have to get out the ol' wash pail and rags and get to work...but if you used compressed air or a leaf blower, it won't take so long. If you use that bra, you're gonna ruin the paint job underneath, guarandamnteed!

Old 07-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Troubleman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one on my Road Glide, not to protect the paint or keep it clean. It's the look I wanted and I don't plan on taking it off. It is easy to clean though.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:10 PM
tringle
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an 09 Ultra Classic with 43,000. Every year I go on a 1-2 week road trip and I normally add the fairing bra for extra protection and it's a lot easier keeping the fairing clean. When I take the bra off the paint on the fairing is perfect. My bra has never caused damage to my fairing. I prefer the fairing without the bra, but I love the bra for those long trips.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:13 PM
tringle
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use one when I go on extended trips. The bra has never damaged my paint.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I used one for many trips...UNTIL...I waxed my fairing before a trip and did not let the wax dry long enough.....When I got back the wax was caked inside of the bra like a powder and the fiaring was scuffed up a bit. Was easy to buff out, but I have not put it on since. Friend of mine has an 07 with 60+thousand miles. His bra goes on every trip. Saved his fairing from more than one large object that I witnessed. Had I not ruined my bra (well think its ruined) I would still use it for trips.

Quick Reply: Fairing bra