Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Jackpot Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 07:34 AM
mistersandman202
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Moto Jackpot Mufflers

Just wanted to give my regards to Fuel Moto. Like so many others, I have been searching for the perfect pipes for my 2014 SGS. Sound is subjective. Some like 'em loud, some (like me) just want some rumble but don't want to have ringing in the ears after a full day of touring.

I initially installed V&H Power Duals + Monster Ovals, but the droning bass notes caused a resonance in my helmet killed my ears. Not to mention the Power Duals dragged on every right curve in the mountains! Sold them, decatted my stock headers, & tried the American Custom slip-ons.... They were OK but just didn't trip my trigger.

So I ordered the 4" Dyno-tuned Jackpots from FuelMoto. Combined with a SE Stage 1 air filter & Power Commander V, the "perfect" sound & performance has finally been achieved! "Perfect" for me, that is! Love the deep, throaty rumble... just how a Harley should sound! A nice bark when power is applied; nice mellow rumble at highway speeds. Doesn't drown out the tunes. The true test for me will be when I hit the road this Fall for some serious touring. I'm pleased that they offer quiet baffles which I can install for trips if I need a quieter tone for all-day riding. As of now I am completely impressed with the product: quality construction, well designed, great look, impressive sound.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Bearcat1
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hard to go wrong with Fuel Moto...

Old 07-10-2014, 09:28 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat1
Hard to go wrong with Fuel Moto...
+1 Very true!

Old 07-10-2014, 10:31 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,156 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by mistersandman202
Just wanted to give my regards to Fuel Moto. Like so many others, I have been searching for the perfect pipes for my 2014 SGS. Sound is subjective. Some like 'em loud, some (like me) just want some rumble but don't want to have ringing in the ears after a full day of touring.

I initially installed V&H Power Duals + Monster Ovals, but the droning bass notes caused a resonance in my helmet killed my ears. Not to mention the Power Duals dragged on every right curve in the mountains! Sold them, decatted my stock headers, & tried the American Custom slip-ons.... They were OK but just didn't trip my trigger.

So I ordered the 4" Dyno-tuned Jackpots from FuelMoto. Combined with a SE Stage 1 air filter & Power Commander V, the "perfect" sound & performance has finally been achieved! "Perfect" for me, that is! Love the deep, throaty rumble... just how a Harley should sound! A nice bark when power is applied; nice mellow rumble at highway speeds. Doesn't drown out the tunes. The true test for me will be when I hit the road this Fall for some serious touring. I'm pleased that they offer quiet baffles which I can install for trips if I need a quieter tone for all-day riding. As of now I am completely impressed with the product: quality construction, well designed, great look, impressive sound.
Thank you for the great feedback and support!

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Microbomb
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

They are great pipes. I have them on my 2014 King with stock header. My only complaint is that they are starting to turn blue on the right side where the pipe meets the header. I suspect it's because the 2014 bikes run a bit hotter? Probably would happen with any pipe though.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Yes the Jackpot line of products is top-shelf equipment for sure.

BTW, wind noise is apparently the greatest contributor to hearing loss as a result of riding a motorbike. Even though some mufflers and pipe combos are loud, the majority of that sound is shot to the rear of the bike away from the rider. It's that darn wind that causes the hearing loss according to my audiologist.

She recommends ear plugs ALL the time to guard against this issue. I usually wear them too. Its amazing how much you can still hear, and in some cases, hear better because the wind noise is kinda filtered out by the plugs. Anyway, thought I would throw that in FWIW.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,065 Likes on 3,631 Posts

I love the looks of my 4" Jackpots... they sound great but a little too loud for me so I welded a lollipop washer in the ends and it toned it down perfectly for my taste...Don't get me wrong, they sounded great but a bit loud for me...At Interstate speed of about 75-80mph they droned bad for me on my 07 so this little washer tricked worked well... The actual pipe fit and finish is awesome.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,065 Likes on 3,631 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Yes the Jackpot line of products is top-shelf equipment for sure.

BTW, wind noise is apparently the greatest contributor to hearing loss as a result of riding a motorbike. Even though some mufflers and pipe combos are loud, the majority of that sound is shot to the rear of the bike away from the rider. It's that darn wind that causes the hearing loss according to my audiologist.

She recommends ear plugs ALL the time to guard against this issue. I usually wear them too. Its amazing how much you can still hear, and in some cases, hear better because the wind noise is kinda filtered out by the plugs. Anyway, thought I would throw that in FWIW.
Makes you less tire at the end of the day also///

Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,687 Likes on 1,364 Posts

Originally Posted by mistersandman202

So I changed my original statement here which basically said i had the ceramic lined 2-1-2s. 4" jackpots, stage 1, and Powervision and was happy. But my neighbors complained as I rumbled past their home every morning at 4:45 so I purchased the quiet baffle. Changing the baffle every weekend seemed like too much work so I ordered the 4" slash down right side only as changing the entire muffler take loosening 3 bolts and less than 5 minutes. It arrived, I went on a trip before I installed it and came home only to find they shipped me a 4" slash up....on no. I emailed Brian who had been taking care of me previously. Unbelievably good customer service. He called back, asked me what time frame I needed it at (not a hurry). He said they will get the 4" slash down out UPS today and send a call tag for the 4" slash up.

Boy am I ever glad I bought Fuel Moto. I just returned from a lengthy trip in Canada and everywhere I went (okay 4 guys) told me how good my bike sounded. Still averaging 43 mpg. Life is good. I was stressed about having to return the wrong muffler, but it personal call instead of email, immediate action, just made me glad I did not business with Fuel Moto.

Last edited by son of the hounds; 07-14-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:05 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,687 Likes on 1,364 Posts

So, an update on Fuel Moto customer service. Above I detailed how I ordered an extra right side slash down and received a slash up. I went to install it and saw the difference, email Brian at Fuel Moto expecting a solution, but I did not anticipate how fast and easy they made the correction. It was painless for me.

The replacement slash down arrived today and the UPS call tag to return the slash up arrived by email. I am done with this issue. Done with no aggravation or waiting. Their response was swift and complete.

And the best part, I just returned from 5 days touring the Canadian Rockies, a land of Vance and Hines and Rinehart mufflers on Harley touring bikes. More than once, in fact enough times I was a little embarrassed I was told that my bike sounded great, and asked what pipes did I have. Now the V&H and Rineharts sound good, but the Jackpots have a distinct mellow roar that stood out in a crowd.

Yah, this is a rave and in my world their is little to rave about, so I am more than pleased with my choice of Jackpots, but now even more that I did business with Fuel Moto. Thanks Brian and Jamie.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto Jackpot Mufflers