Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wheels from Bart at Cateye Customs

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:59 AM
Miklnparker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Wheels from Bart at Cateye Customs

Showoff!! LOL Very nice!

Old 04-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Wheels from Bart at Cateye Customs

ORIGINAL: Fast Eddie

ORIGINAL: Phast Lap

Hey Fast Eddie, extra nice lookin ride. Did you have any issues with the new tire/wheel combinationscrubbing on the fender using the so-low system with the Legend Air Ride shocks?
Thanks. Yes I do have problem with the rear fender rubbing on the tire when the Legend Air Ride is fully lowered. but it isdue tothe fact thatI have a set of lowering blocks on the rear which lowers it 1" more than thestandard Legend set up (I put the lowering blockson because I lowered the front suspension 1" and I wanted the bike to be level when the Air Ride was fully extended). I did not have that problem with the 16' wheel and Dunlops, which are .3" smaller in diameter according manufacturers specs. I guess that .3" made the difference. I just have to remember to not lower it all the way. There would be no clearanceproblem if it were not for the lowering blocks. No problem at all with the front fender which has been lowered 1" also (in addition to lowering the front suspension).
I mis-stated the tire dimensions in quote above and have corrected them below:

.....[/color]Yes I do have problem with the rear fender rubbing on the tire when the Legend Air Ride is fully lowered. but it isdue tothe fact thatI have a set of lowering blocks on the rear which lowers it 1" more than thestandard Legend set up (I put the lowering blockson because I lowered the front suspension 1" and I wanted the bike to be level when the Air Ride was fully extended). I did not have that problem with the 16" wheel and Dunlops, which are .035" smaller in radius than the 18" Metzler 880's according to the manufacturers specs. I guess that .035" made the difference (as well as being brand new rubber). I just have to remember to not lower it all the way. There would be no clearanceproblem if it were not for the lowering blocks. No problem at all with the [/color][color=#000000]front fender[color=#000000] which has been lowered 1" also (in addition to lowering the front suspension).