Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for folks that Ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:04 AM
DK's Limited
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for folks that Ride

Hello All, I am looking for others that like to ride, short rides long rides and the destination doesn't matter. I live in the San Antonio Area and my wife and I ride nearly every week all year round, we are spoiled living in Texas, no off season. We took off for the 4th and did our typical Hill country ride, the 3 twisted sisters is a favorite ride, plenty of scenery and places to stop and eat and have a good time. So we are looking for others, I have never ridden with a group. I don't belong to the local HOG chapter as it seems most of those groups only take little rides, I am looking for people that like to ride. I am fine with day rides, but I am also looking to find others that like to travel. Last year as we crossed the Talimena trail, my wife was posting pics on facebook it seemed that there was a group from Ft. Worth Harley near us, we would love a group like that. I have ridden a couple Iron Butt Rides and this year we rode over to Deals Gap, I am not trying to post my resume just explaining that I am very capable of riding. I would like to hit Colorado this year, the million dollar highway is suppose to be a nice ride. My wife has her own bike but being a novice rider she still likes when we go 2 up. If anyone knows of anyplace posting rides or is interested in planning a ride, let me know. Just looking for other motorcycle enthusiast to share the experience with.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

hog chapter can be a good place to start,the chapter does a lot of short rides but... u will meet people who ride.also look at other chapters they are all different. where I'm at i have 2 that are really close,one for hops and drinks,the other does longer rides and a few long weekenders,there we meet like 5 other couple who like to travel and we ride with them often.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Duc
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DK's Limited
Hello All, I am looking for others that like to ride, short rides long rides and the destination doesn't matter. I live in the San Antonio Area and my wife and I ride nearly every week all year round, we are spoiled living in Texas, no off season. Yada, yada, yada.... Just looking for other motorcycle enthusiast to share the experience with.
Howdy neighbor my wife and I are in the same boat as you. We ride 99.9% of the time by ourselves. There are definite advantages to it but we often say how we'd like to ride with someone.
We know 10 "owners" who buy lots of t-shirts but no "riders"
Years ago we tried assembling a riding gaggle but I found everyone has more excuses than time to ride or so they say.

Clif

Old 07-07-2014, 12:00 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
hog chapter can be a good place to start,the chapter does a lot of short rides but... u will meet people who ride.also look at other chapters they are all different. where I'm at i have 2 that are really close,one for hops and drinks,the other does longer rides and a few long weekenders,there we meet like 5 other couple who like to travel and we ride with them often.
Just got back from a HOG Chapter 5 Day HUB ride (Tennessee - Dragons Tail ect) and it was a great experience. My chapter plans several things a month, worth checking the events calendar for the chapters in your area.