Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pandora radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 07:03 AM
jrdfatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pandora radio

I'm thinking about shutting off my XM and use my phone with pandora or other radio streams. Wondering if it uses a ton of data and if out in the sticks you still get reception. I like XM but it is getting expensive. Thanks

Old 07-07-2014, 07:25 AM
mestude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmobile

I have tmobile and I can stream iHeart, Slacker, and a bunch of the other free radio with out it costing any extra data at all. I have been using the snot of it too.....

Old 07-07-2014, 07:27 AM
rickyj1962
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got rid of XM and all I use is Pandora and IHeart.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:34 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts

I go rid of XM years ago. In my opinion, they went downhill after the merge. I just stream music. If I don't have service I have music on my phone. If you don't have service in "The Sticks" then don't have music. If you do then you do. I don't have to worry about data.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Roomer
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use I heart and Pandora, never have gone over my data limit of 3gb per month. The few times I have lost signal I just switched over to one of my playlists.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:09 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you use slacker and upgrade to the pro version for about $3/month you can download different radio stations to your phone and not use any data if you are concerned with hitting your limit. Then you can "refresh" the stations when you are on WiFi.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:39 AM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 07RoadHawg
If you use slacker and upgrade to the pro version for about $3/month you can download different radio stations to your phone and not use any data if you are concerned with hitting your limit. Then you can "refresh" the stations when you are on WiFi.
I Heart and Slacker don't use data?

Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts

They do use data. What he is saying is, if you have the premium version of Slacker Radio you can download the music to your phone and listen when you are away from wifi. This way you don't use cell data. You can also do this with Spotify and Amazon Prime Music. If you don't download it you will use data.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 16,950 Likes on 8,624 Posts

Well, I`m pissed at Pandora, which I`ve used for over a year when shortly after getting it I upgraded to Pandora One. This was $4/mo. extra, but without ads. But, then I had a problem with my phone, and had to get another one. When I did, and logged into the Pandora site, it showed "subscription expired", and downgraded me to Pandora with all of the ads. I emailed them a couple of times without any response, but my email account still receives promotions from Pandora. I could get Pandora One, but now they`ve increased their prices. Maybe I`ll go to Slacker or some other service.

Old 07-07-2014, 09:46 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my pandora i dont know about the data usage as i still have the unlimited w/ verizon, but i rarely lose the signal, if i do then i have a cd in that i switch to till i get service back. I recently bought a blue tooth reciever off amazon and love it. Leave my phone in my pocket and it connects and plays, i can even skip a track if i dont like it and never touch my phone. Think i paid $8 for it

Quick Reply: Pandora radio