Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Super tour seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014 | 10:18 AM
Streetrunner
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Mustang Super tour seat?

Anyone have a Mustang Super touring seat that they can comment on? I'm on a quest looking for a comfortable seat for my EG that does not cramp me by pushing me forward as the stock seat does.

Old 06-30-2014 | 02:07 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
Anyone have a Mustang Super touring seat that they can comment on? I'm on a quest looking for a comfortable seat for my EG that does not cramp me by pushing me forward as the stock seat does.
The Super Touring is probably what you want. It sits you 1 3/4" further back than stock & it is wider. I was switching between it riding two up and a '10 FLTRX seat when riding solo, but I have gotten addicted to the rider backrest so it stays on the bike all the time now. The backrest attaches to the seat, so there is no need for extra hardware for the backrest.

Old 06-30-2014 | 02:45 PM
Streetrunner
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by $tonecold
The Super Touring is probably what you want. It sits you 1 3/4" further back than stock & it is wider. I was switching between it riding two up and a '10 FLTRX seat when riding solo, but I have gotten addicted to the rider backrest so it stays on the bike all the time now. The backrest attaches to the seat, so there is no need for extra hardware for the backrest.
Is there a hollow spot under the seat like the stocks seats have. I run led's and have an equalizer and triple play device plus wiring for quick detach kit so I need the space.

Old 06-30-2014 | 02:56 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
Is there a hollow spot under the seat like the stocks seats have. I run led's and have an equalizer and triple play device plus wiring for quick detach kit so I need the space.
Yes ........

Old 06-30-2014 | 03:19 PM
Av8rPaul
Tourer

I just did the two piece route, with the super solo and pillion, 1000 times better than stock for me. A buddy of mine swears by his Super touring, he's done two Alaska lower 48 round trips, and about 20,000 miles on it.

Old 06-30-2014 | 04:31 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

Are they available with a leather cover?

Old 06-30-2014 | 04:51 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

I would have to look to be sure, but I don't think they have that big cavity under the seat like a stocker. I do know the Supertouring does not work with a Harley back rest.

I've used mine for about 2 years and on long trips. It's just okay. Which is a lot better than the stock seat which sucked. But, every *** is different. I'll just say that at the end of a 10 day trip, I really don't want to sit on that bike for a while.

Old 06-30-2014 | 05:43 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nevada72
I would have to look to be sure, but I don't think they have that big cavity under the seat like a stocker. I do know the Supertouring does not work with a Harley back rest.
Wrapping the wires from the tour pak is not an issue at all and they do have 1" bumpers for each side to raise the seat off the frame.

Old 06-30-2014 | 05:55 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Beaux
Wrapping the wires from the tour pak is not an issue at all and they do have 1" bumpers for each side to raise the seat off the frame.
True. I had no issues and in addition, I had a Custom Dynamics load equalizer sitting on top of the battery.

But it sounds like the OP is looking for a cavity big enough to put his weed in. The HD seat has that. The Mustang, not so much as I recall.

Old 06-30-2014 | 05:57 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nevada72
True. I had no issues and in addition, I had a Custom Dynamics load equalizer sitting on top of the battery.

But it sounds like the OP is looking for a cavity big enough to put his weed in. The HD seat has that. The Mustang, not so much as I recall.
LMAO .......... found this. If he has more than a quarter # it wont work!

Quick Reply: Mustang Super tour seat?