Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Super tour seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014 | 06:15 PM
daleg3556
Cruiser

I have the super touring on my street glide and my wife has the standard touring on hers. Hers uses the standard HD backrest, and mine has to have Mustang backrest. We both still use airhawks for all day rides.

Old 06-30-2014 | 07:23 PM
Ckittler
Intermediate

Put a Vintage Super touring seat from Mustang on my 09 Ultra years ago.The stock seat was putting me too far forward and high I am 6'1". IMO stock Ultra is great if your 5'9"!!!!

Old 06-30-2014 | 07:38 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain

I have had the super touring seat for over a year. It is much better than anything I had tried up to that point and a high quality seat and backrest for sure. However, it still is not an ALL DAY (8-12 hrs) seat so I use the air pad after about 4 hours. Wife uses the air pad as well. She liked the stock seat better. My RDL build date is tomorrow.

Old 06-30-2014 | 07:58 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior

I put mine on for long rides, also equipped with a back rest. It's the best I've found ............ and I've been though quite a few!

Old 06-30-2014 | 08:14 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Mustang Super Wide Touring

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Super tour seat?-mustang-1.jpg   Mustang Super tour seat?-mustang-2.jpg  
Old 06-30-2014 | 09:10 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Riders Club Member
Cool

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
Mustang Super Wide Touring
You don't want to confuse the OP, the Super Touring and the Wide Touring are two different animals. The Wide Touring pushed me too far forward like the stock seat. The Super Touring is made for riders that have a longer inseam. I don't think there is a Super Wide Touring.

Old 07-02-2014 | 07:02 PM
KW-HD Rider
Tourer

I have had the super touring for 3 years on my Ultra and now on my RK. Great seat and does move you back 1.75 inches to give you a little more room if you are over 6'. The are also a couple inches wider than the stock seat and seem to give my hips some extra support also.

As others said it will not work with the HD adjustable or regular backrest; only the mustang back rest. I do miss the HD adjustable sometimes but the mustang backrest will adjust some with the turn bolt. It is worth the trade off for the much more supportive and comfortable seat.

The Mustangs are supportive while still maintaining some cushion. As others said every butt is different. I suggest you find someone who has one and ask to sit on it or better yet find somewhere you can demo one for a full day.

Old 07-08-2014 | 08:30 AM
porschemann
Advanced

Originally Posted by KW-HD Rider
I have had the super touring for 3 years on my Ultra and now on my RK. Great seat and does move you back 1.75 inches to give you a little more room if you are over 6'. The are also a couple inches wider than the stock seat and seem to give my hips some extra support also.

As others said it will not work with the HD adjustable or regular backrest; only the mustang back rest. I do miss the HD adjustable sometimes but the mustang backrest will adjust some with the turn bolt. It is worth the trade off for the much more supportive and comfortable seat.

The Mustangs are supportive while still maintaining some cushion. As others said every butt is different. I suggest you find someone who has one and ask to sit on it or better yet find somewhere you can demo one for a full day.
Now I'm confused... (what's new huh)... but according to Mustang's website, the SuperTouring #76971 DOES work with the factory backrest. They note on their page, "Slotted to accept stock Harley™ or Mustang Driver Backrest Kits" So can someone that owns this model actually confirm one way or another? Check the model number on the tag on the bottom please because often people call things by the wrong name. I'm 6'6" and 250# with 36" inseam, and I want to drop the hammer on a new seat for my '03 EG. I thought this was the one to get from all the reviews of tall guys out there, but now just need to check.

Thanks!

Old 07-08-2014 | 08:55 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by porschemann
Now I'm confused... (what's new huh)... but according to Mustang's website, the SuperTouring #76971 DOES work with the factory backrest. They note on their page, "Slotted to accept stock Harley™ or Mustang Driver Backrest Kits" So can someone that owns this model actually confirm one way or another? Check the model number on the tag on the bottom please because often people call things by the wrong name. I'm 6'6" and 250# with 36" inseam, and I want to drop the hammer on a new seat for my '03 EG. I thought this was the one to get from all the reviews of tall guys out there, but now just need to check.

Thanks!
I think where the confusion is occurring here is that your bike is an '03. The Super Touring for that model has a split in the seat and uses the stock Harley backrest mount or Mustang's mount, where the '08 and later models have the backrest mount built into the seat. So you should be OK with the stock mount and backrest.