Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Cap issue.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:36 AM
BuddyK
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fairing Cap issue.....

OK, I have had my inner fairing painted on my EG back in early spring. I put everything back together, but can't seem to get the fairing cap to fit correctly.
The top of the fairing cap is rubbing against the back/bottom of the inner fairing where it tucks up under and rubbing the paint off! I have also noticed that the inner fairing vibrates more than the fairing cap, which I don't understand, since they arre both connected to the forks.
I've taken it apart several times and checked to make sure it was going together right, but now I'm not sure .

Any help or suggestions on this issue?? Am I doing something wrong? I wathched a mechanic do this before and it seemed that the fairing cap tucked up higher when he put it on than I can get mine to!?

Thanks!!

Old 06-30-2014, 06:46 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Remove the side screws (may have to remove the switch also) and tilt the panel when installing it so the top edge slides under the inner fairing. Push it up tight and install the side screws. Make sure the rubber pieces that go between the panel and bars are installed correctly also.