Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

switching to Vance & Hines??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
corgi
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: switching to Vance & Hines??

two weeks ago I installed the dresser duals and the oval slip ons. Love the look, sound and the extra bit of power.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:01 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been running the ovals, which I got from M&M for a year now. Nice sound, low rumble, but not obnoxious. I just cracked my stock "y" pipe, so I ordered true duals and they will go on the bike next Wednesday. I'll have it re-dyno'd and post any significant difference for anyone interested in comparing. My indy sold me the pipes for $325, which is close to what I could have got them for on the 'net, but WTF, he's gotta eat too. Besides, he'll put them on for $100 and dyno it for $50. Gotta love it.

BTW, M&M is having an exhaust sale right now and the duals are around $300 plus shipping. They are super nice people.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Fireman44
Tourer

Just got mine from them a few weeks ago. 399.95 for the oval slip ons and 285.95 for the true duals.Free shipping.No problems with ACM

Old 04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Rico450r
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: hartick

i have made up my mind to switch to the ovals...now do i go with the true duals or just the slipons for now.

the part number from the internet was #16727. this number said it fit everything but the FLHX, so i am guessing it still does right??

looking on ebay i can get the slipons for right at $400 and the dual headers for just under $300. from a place called American Classic Motors, has anybody heard of this place or done business with them?

just trying to get my duck in a row before making this purchase. went a little fast on the first exhaust.

p.s. there will be a SE touring set for sale in a few weeks if anyone is interested.
I bought my V&H basic slip-on's from that company and got them in no time. They were very easy to work with and I only paid $306.00 to my door step. I would definilty buy from them again. I love the way my bike sounds. Great company IMO.

Rico

Old 04-04-2007, 08:08 PM
HogmanFLHX
Tourer

ACM did ok with me when I had to return a part that was broken. Shipped it out in 3 days. You just need to call and talk to them on the phone.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 PM
CiSmAXz
Advanced

Bought my Ovals from American Classic Motors. Great seller on ebay with really fast shipping.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:49 PM
ForkedRiverHog
6th Gear

I love my V&H duals

Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i also love my V&H true duals...i use the basic slash slipons...kdietz uses a reworked CVO muff with a 2" baffle he got off ebay from a man named bobvic....i liked em so much i ordered me a set

Old 04-05-2007, 12:58 AM
johnny canuck
Road Captain

Bought Ovals, Arlen Big Sucker and Kuryakyn Iso Grip from Eastern Performance in January. Prices great, no tax and free shipping. You could track everything via the net..ask for John.
I notice that they are not a forum sponsor anymore. Reasons?

Old 04-05-2007, 09:19 AM
tackleberry1145
Advanced

I ended up with the standard v&h classic slip ons....the ovals might have sounded a tad bit better, but I didn't care for their look. To each their own I guess....

I'll add my 'good guys' vote for eastern performance in MD....good prices and easy to deal with.

Quick Reply: switching to Vance & Hines??