Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king or Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:19 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,576 Likes on 22,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamo11

The bat-wing fairing looks bad, but they're very common. To me they're for people who want to pretend they look like Batman. So, for me, it's a little childish.

Plus, those fairings don't work particularly well on their own terms.
WTF have you been smoking, Posh?

Old 07-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Both are great bikes, but for different market customers.

Other than a few bolt ons they are basicly the same bike.

Street glide with bat wing gives better protection, especially for the hands and have a quick change set up for different windshield heights.
It is a stripped down bagger look with low profile larger front tire, and lowered rear shocks for a custom look. It sits lower so you are more flat footed, and has integrated stereo and additional instrumentation such as tach, fuel gauge, air temp and oil pressure mounted in the easy line of sight. It has a cigarette lighter type 12V accessory port on the fairing that allows aftermarket GPS/charge port/other items to be simply plugged in and mounted on the handlebars or fairing. It has space for other accessory weatherpoof switches to be mounted an a fairing flat spot.

Road king has easy on and off police style windshield, full length shocks, lots of chrome styling doo dads, and a really cool old bike look. Some feel it is one of the most iconic Harley looks. It is less expensive, and pretty easy to customize or change from single to double riding in just a few minutes with simple tools.

Not all that many people have a hard time deciding which is the right bike for them. Each styling speaks pretty clearly to a discerning rider

Both provide thousands of pleasurable riding miles, and there is not a bad decision going either way.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:01 PM
jinxwolf73
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually went in looking to buy a RK when I bought my last bike. Ended up riding out on a SG and never looked back. I love the look of the RK and I love the look of the SG and I swore to myself I would never own a bike with those fairings but I tried it and liked it and now I wouldn't have it any other way. Still love the RK, just the SG fits me better for what I like.