Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road king or Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:47 PM
2013superglideseattle
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I was just asking for an honest opinion. Why all the bashings? If any more of that, then I'll shut this thread down as if I have never asked.

Also I'd prefer inputs coming from riders who are about my height. 5'5" tall, 170lbs

Old 07-02-2014, 11:21 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I just traded my 2013 street glide for a 2014 Road king , my opinion is that they are both awesome bikes and it really depends on what YOU want. the height difference between the two is easily remedied.
I traded because I missed the openness of a non fairing bike , I never really listen to the radio mainly because the antenna I had sucked but that's another story., anyway its really up to you I don't think you will go wrong with either one of those bikes.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Swamphunter
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013superglideseattle
I was just asking for an honest opinion. Why all the bashings? If any more of that, then I'll shut this thread down as if I have never asked.

Also I'd prefer inputs coming from riders who are about my height. 5'5" tall, 170lbs
I personally don't see any serious bashing (IMO).. just playful banter. At least compared to other threads....

As for as far as the question... I test rode both before buying and went with the RK... I DEFINITELY felt a smoother ride with the King... Maybe you should test drive both. Personally I would wait until the 15's come out before committing to any one bike. JMO

Old 07-03-2014, 12:47 AM
RK_Ming
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my new king

Old 07-03-2014, 01:01 AM
John Adams
Advanced

I decided to go with the SG but without the fairing... Road King!

Old 07-03-2014, 07:04 AM
pcwizard
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Road King YES!!!!!

Old 07-03-2014, 07:32 AM
Dawort
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rented both in CA a year ago and preferred the Street Glide over the Road King. Didn't like the windshield on the RK, seemed distorted towards the bottom. Thought the riding position on the SG was better, I'm 6'3". But since I had an old FL at home might be a little partial! Both are nice bikes though and the only way to tell which would be better for you is to rent them.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:03 AM
shizzomynizzo
Advanced

Windshields for the SG are easily changed out. Dont let the visability out of the stock shield make up your mind. The recurve shields, even 4 inch ones...make a huge diffetence.

If you like the ride of the RK better but have to have the fairing...look into a Electra Glide standard or classic. You can take the touring pack off and stow for later. It's actually cheaper than the SG (at least it was last year).

I did this with mine. Couldn't be happier.

Can't go wrong with either...both great bikes.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:43 AM
dennisoates
Intermediate

i traded my road king for a 2014 street glide, new bike much more maneuverable , u turns and figure 8s are a breeze, what a difference! but i like the look of the road king better, can't have everything!

Old 07-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by dennisoates
i traded my road king for a 2014 street glide, new bike much more maneuverable , u turns and figure 8s are a breeze, what a difference! but i like the look of the road king better, can't have everything!
You must of had a really really old Road King or it had problems or something because there is No way your street glide is more maneuverable then a Road King! A Road King is a Street Glide ( same frame) but without the extra weight on the front fork from the fairing and better shocks. I test rode a street glide and hated it! Hated the fairing because of the extra weight the looks and the blind spot.. just my taste tho not bashing the bike at all. Just wasnt for me!

Quick Reply: Road king or Street Glide?