Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leg fatigue on my Road King

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:51 PM
rjm-1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leg fatigue on my Road King

Hey guys, Just picked up a 2007 Road King Classic a few weeks ago. I really love the bike, but I'm having problems with buzzing in my feet and lower legs. I have some nerve damage in my feet and legs and I'm looking for suggestions to minimize the vibrations.

I'm looking at Kuryakyn Premium Inserts for Driver Floorboards that ride on rubber isolators to keep your feet buzz-free. Would they really help that much?

The other thought by moving my feet forward I would take some of the direct down force off my feet and that might take some of the vibration away. Not sure what that set up would be.

Any suggestion on the best set up would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 PM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm-1
Hey guys, Just picked up a 2007 Road King Classic a few weeks ago. I really love the bike, but I'm having problems with buzzing in my feet and lower legs. I have some nerve damage in my feet and legs and I'm looking for suggestions to minimize the vibrations.

I'm looking at Kuryakyn Premium Inserts for Driver Floorboards that ride on rubber isolators to keep your feet buzz-free. Would they really help that much?

The other thought by moving my feet forward I would take some of the direct down force off my feet and that might take some of the vibration away. Not sure what that set up would be.

Any suggestion on the best set up would be greatly appreciated.
Mounts some highway pegs on your engine guard and that will give you an alternate foot position.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:14 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Believe your Road King already comes with vibration absorbing foot boards. See if they move around just a bit with some finger pressure on the rubber top.

They also make vibration absorbing footwear or you could put some pads inside your regular boots.

Road King should be a pretty smooth running bike on the road.

Agree also with the highway peg suggestion.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 PM
72Norton
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 07 RK also. Check your right hand foot board bracket and make sure it's not hitting the exhaust. I had to shim mine out a washer or 2.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:48 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

you also might want to change the seat to a slightly taller or shorter one that changes the angle that you knees are bent so that it changes the pressure points on the nerves in your back and knees...just a thought...

Old 06-25-2014, 06:55 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 305 Posts

Highway pegs.

You must have alternate foot positions available or nothing you do will solve your problem!

Back when I rode a Dyna I had to mount forward controls but I found myself often putting both feet back on the passenger foot pegs fairly often to relive foot and leg fatigue. In fact all of my years riding metrics as a younger man I would do the same thing.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:03 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

how many miles? your front motor mount might be due for replacing. Worked for me. The HD motor mount retails for $75. There is a buell mount that is identical and retails for $35. The only difference is the HD mount is made in China and the Buell is "made from materials produced in USA and Canada" as it says on its packaging. my part # is in the garage and I just woke up.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:20 AM
rjm-1
Advanced

Thanks for the suggestions! The bike has 16K on it. Could the motor mount need changing as Weavr99FLHT suggested?

Yes, I will definitely get highway pegs. I'm looking at Kuryakyn Longhorn Offset Dually pegs.

I'll also check the right hand foot board bracket and make sure it's not hitting the exhaust. Good suggestion.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:27 AM
BeauJames
Advanced

Check out the Glide Pro urethane motor mount. Much better than the newer H-D mounts. I have it on an 04 EGC with 75k.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:46 AM
2011FXDC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danzio
Highway pegs.

You must have alternate foot positions available or nothing you do will solve your problem!

Back when I rode a Dyna I had to mount forward controls but I found myself often putting both feet back on the passenger foot pegs fairly often to relive foot and leg fatigue. In fact all of my years riding metrics as a younger man I would do the same thing.
Agree completely. It's amazing how just changing your position can help.

Quick Reply: Leg fatigue on my Road King