Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tipping over the Road King - TWICE

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014 | 03:03 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ben221
I would have used grey tape, just saying.

Old 06-24-2014 | 04:46 PM
LedBoots
Advanced

Don't want to get into the whole "Do it this way" discussion, because there are as many opinions about that as there are about what oil to use, but the key to slow maneuvers is keeping your head up and keeping your eyes where you want to go. I used to have the same problems with slow riding until I took a riding course. That tip is probably the single most important tip I took away from it...and it works in all circumstances of riding.

Old 06-24-2014 | 05:22 PM
samason
Advanced

Wear them scratches like a badge of honor ! Whats a little bit of scratched chrome to trade for riding skills ? Get the ride like a pro videos , a great place to start and check out this forum www.rideskillfully.com
Dont give up. There are people that have been riding all there lives and have no control of their motors.There is nothing like the feeling of being in complete control of your motor, what a rush! SOme will tell you that these skills will only apply when you are riding in a parking lot , that is total BS , they say that cause they have no control of their motor and are to scared to learn.
Please remember DO NOT PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN TO SAVE IT FROM GOING DOWN !! Pick your foot up or step off of it ! Scratched chrome is cheaper than a broke leg! Keep your feet on the foot boards.

Old 06-24-2014 | 05:32 PM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior

I'm bookmarking this thread as it is probably a good time that I get my scoot into the huge parking lot across the street for some extra practice.

Old 06-24-2014 | 05:36 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Yeah, I did a bunch of videos on mods to my Ford. I love all the HD diesels on the market today.
Thought so! I traded my SD for a Cummins a couple of months ago.

Old 06-24-2014 | 09:59 PM
EpicCowlick
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LedBoots
Don't want to get into the whole "Do it this way" discussion, because there are as many opinions about that as there are about what oil to use, but the key to slow maneuvers is keeping your head up and keeping your eyes where you want to go. I used to have the same problems with slow riding until I took a riding course. That tip is probably the single most important tip I took away from it...and it works in all circumstances of riding.
I just spent an hour and a half today and agree with you 100%. This is probably the best advice a big bike rider should incorporate into their riding.

Originally Posted by samason
Wear them scratches like a badge of honor ! Whats a little bit of scratched chrome to trade for riding skills ? Get the ride like a pro videos , a great place to start and check out this forum www.rideskillfully.com
Dont give up. There are people that have been riding all there lives and have no control of their motors.There is nothing like the feeling of being in complete control of your motor, what a rush! SOme will tell you that these skills will only apply when you are riding in a parking lot , that is total BS , they say that cause they have no control of their motor and are to scared to learn.
Please remember DO NOT PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN TO SAVE IT FROM GOING DOWN !! Pick your foot up or step off of it ! Scratched chrome is cheaper than a broke leg! Keep your feet on the foot boards.
Man it's hard not to put your foot down. When practicing I had the video running and counted 12 foot downs over about 40 solid mins of practice.

Last edited by EpicCowlick; 06-24-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-24-2014 | 10:00 PM
EpicCowlick
|
Intermediate

For anyone interested, the follow-up video is in this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ds-needed.html

Old 06-24-2014 | 10:01 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Man it's hard not to put your foot down. When practicing I had the video running and counted 12 foot downs over about 40 mins of practice.
Good way to REALLY mess up an ankle. Been there, done that.