Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetglide Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014 | 06:05 PM
crazyanimal
|
Road Captain
Default Streetglide Owners

Hi guys,I'm over in the dyna section,I have a 2011 Superglide Custom.I find myself looking real hard these days at the 2014 Streetglide,this is a beautiful bike,I really like the looks of them,have yet to test ride one,but we have demo rides comming up on July 24th so I'll be sure to get one out for a ride.My question is how many of you came from a dyna and went to the Streetglide,and whats your opinion.Pros and cons(if any),I can't see anything that I wouldn't like.

Thanks.

Mike.

Old 06-18-2014 | 06:13 PM
2011FXDC
Road Captain

Had the same bike as you (2011FXDC) and I loved it. Traded for a Street Glide and can't think of one single "con" about upgrading. All it took was a test ride and I was hooked. The Dyna was definitely more nimble but there is no way I would have ever gone back.

My wife had a Street Bob and I would take it out occasionally and couldn't wait to get back on my Street Glide. I don't think there's anything you won't like, especially with the 2014's.

Last edited by 2011FXDC; 06-18-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-18-2014 | 06:18 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Went from a 08 FXD to a 2011 Street glide 3 years ago and haven't regretted it once.

Once you get used to the extra weight in parking lots the bike handles great.

I wish I could of kept my Dyna but no way I would give up the FLHX for it.

Old 06-18-2014 | 06:22 PM
MrLeary
Novice

I was faced with the same dilemma when I was getting ready to buy my bike.
I test drove both the Street Glide and the Super Glide on the same day. It took all of about 5 minutes for me to know that I absolutely had to have a Street Glide. It was very hard for me to even get off of it when the test drive was over.
I've got to say, I haven't had one second of regret since bringing it home.

Old 06-18-2014 | 06:41 PM
Dguy
Road Captain

Went from Fat Bob to SG. Loved my Bob but no regrets whatsoever. The SG is easy to ride, comfortable, smooth and still looks cool. ......it's all good!

Old 06-18-2014 | 06:44 PM
Primetime_2
Tourer

Use to ride an 01 Heritage, loved it, great bike, BUT once you sit on a glide and ride it you'll be hooked so bring your checkbook with to the demo

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:22 PM
crazyanimal
|
Road Captain

Thanks guys for your replys,I know what my next bike will be.I live within a budget and I have to stick with it,otherwise I would have pulled the trigger yesterday when I was at the dealer.I posted my bike for sale locally to see if theres any feelers out there,thats the best way for me rather than trade it in.I was also told that I can buy a reverse gear,that would be cool especially if your parked down hill a bit and have to back up a little,of course there trying to sell you anything and everything for the new bike,if your bike had a reverse gear would you use it much?or is the extra weight manageable for you.

Last edited by crazyanimal; 06-18-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2014 | 07:29 PM
crazyanimal
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 2011FXDC
Had the same bike as you (2011FXDC) and I loved it. Traded for a Street Glide and can't think of one single "con" about upgrading. All it took was a test ride and I was hooked. The Dyna was definitely more nimble but there is no way I would have ever gone back.

My wife had a Street Bob and I would take it out occasionally and couldn't wait to get back on my Street Glide. I don't think there's anything you won't like, especially with the 2014's.
How Ironic,my wife has a streebob as well(2011)I've got her looking at Streetglides as well,she had her heart set on a fatboy but now shes considering a Streetglide.We both love our bikes but after a long day of riding we usually pay the price the next day or two.

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:32 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member

You'll get yourself into trouble with reverse on two wheels those are for Tri Glides

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:34 PM
BKSinAZ
Tourer

My very first bike was a 2012 Super Glide Custom. I loved that bike, but needed something big enough for the wife to sit comfortably in the back. We decided and got a 2014 Street Glide. For two up, it is a nice bike. When solo, I don't find it "thug" enough. With the fairing, I feel like I am back in a cager (car). So my advice is to make sure you like a fairing. If I had to do it again, I might have gotten the RoadKing instead of my street glide.

Quick Reply: Streetglide Owners