Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetglide Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014 | 03:02 PM
Keeper01
Tourer

I went from an 06 Street Bob that I loved to an 08 Street Glide. There are times when I miss my Dyna, but I have got my Street Glide to where I like it and I'm glad I made the jump.

Old 06-19-2014 | 07:45 PM
Chief21
Cruiser

I think the Street Glide just rides and runs smoother than the Dyna. Mostly due to the way the motor is mounted I would guess. My dyna would buzz my hands between about 2200 to 3000 RPM's. The Street Glide I can run it at 2800 to 3200 and it is as smooth as silk. I added floor boards on the rear for the wifey and put the rear pegs on the engine guard, down low so I can rest my heels on the boards and toes on the pegs. Gives me the stretched out feel of my Dyna with the forward controls. You said you don't ride two up so that would work for you. I got the HD 3 piece clamps with the adapters to mount them. Best thing is, I have a place for my stuff. No bungie cords to tie things down.

Not to change the subject, but what part of NB are you in? I was born and lived in Calais,Me until I was 9.

Old 06-19-2014 | 08:44 PM
crazyanimal
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Chief21
I think the Street Glide just rides and runs smoother than the Dyna. Mostly due to the way the motor is mounted I would guess. My dyna would buzz my hands between about 2200 to 3000 RPM's. The Street Glide I can run it at 2800 to 3200 and it is as smooth as silk. I added floor boards on the rear for the wifey and put the rear pegs on the engine guard, down low so I can rest my heels on the boards and toes on the pegs. Gives me the stretched out feel of my Dyna with the forward controls. You said you don't ride two up so that would work for you. I got the HD 3 piece clamps with the adapters to mount them. Best thing is, I have a place for my stuff. No bungie cords to tie things down.

Not to change the subject, but what part of NB are you in? I was born and lived in Calais,Me until I was 9.
I live in Woodstock NB,it's about 10minutes from the Houlton border,we cross at least once a week for gas.My dealer in NB is in Saint John a 2 hour plus ride we often go to Caribou at Plourdes for our stuff,we can make it there in about 70 minutes once we clear customs,lots of cops between the border and Caribou,not worth getting a ticket especially not in our own country,we do travel to Central Maine HD in Bangor as well,in fact they did the dyno tune on my bike.
I did make a call to a dealer this afternoon and talked trade over the phone,HD has a 1000.00 in store credit on now for the month of June,plus I bought the 5 year extended warranty on my bike and have never made a claim so there is money that would kick back to me there as well,every little bit helps,so maybe something can be worked out this year that is in my budget,if not I'll have to wait til next year

Old 06-19-2014 | 09:58 PM
HDFLHXS14
Novice

I traded in my 2012 wide glide for a 2014 SG Special. Much smoother ride. Took a couple weeks and a lot of complaining to get used to the floorboards and the knee high sitting position. The pros of storage, iPod hookup, bigger frame, comfort for the wife, seems more stable far outweighed the missing forward controls. Highway pegs are a must first buy and I also got the HD rally runner seat. Comfortable, bring you lower to the ground and allows you to sit more reclined, and looks better than the stock seat.

Old 06-20-2014 | 01:06 AM
ejwmiller
Tourer

I bought a '00 FXDC had it about 6 months. Traded it for an '09 FXDC had it for about 6 months. Test rode an '06 SG. Yep that's it so I traded again. Now I have an '06 and an '08 SG bought it 2 weeks ago with only 5k on it. Love them both. Will never look back at a dyna again. I call them entry level harleys.