Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetglide Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:34 PM
Chief21
Cruiser

I'm with the rest of the crowd. Traded my 2012 SGC for a 2013 Street Glide. All I have to say is "Awesome!" Lots more comfortable for me and the better half when we ride 2up.

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:39 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior

Came from a Switchback. It was fun around town and for some light "touring". But there is no comparison with the SG. It handles much better, especially when it gets windy. The SG has about twice the storage. The list goes on. I didn't dislike the Dyna per say, it just didn't suit the needs I had at the end of the day. I would love to have a Fatbob as a second bike for fun though. Just don't forget your checkbook on demo day. If you don't buy a '14 you'll still more than likely be ready for a touring bike of some sort.

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:40 PM
crazyanimal
|
Road Captain

I won't be riding 2 up, my wife has her own bike,I'm guessing the Streetglide is still a great ride solo though.

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:43 PM
crazyanimal
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BKSinAZ
My very first bike was a 2012 Super Glide Custom. I loved that bike, but needed something big enough for the wife to sit comfortably in the back. We decided and got a 2014 Street Glide. For two up, it is a nice bike. When solo, I don't find it "thug" enough. With the fairing, I feel like I am back in a cager (car). So my advice is to make sure you like a fairing. If I had to do it again, I might have gotten the RoadKing instead of my street glide.
I have test riden a Roadking and really didn't like it,I haven't rode a Streetglide yet but I have taken an Electraglide out and loved the fairing,as long as it moves with me,unlike the Roadglide where it's mounted on the frame,that freaks me out.

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:48 PM
BKSinAZ
Tourer

Originally Posted by crazyanimal
I have test riden a Roadking and really didn't like it,I haven't rode a Streetglide yet but I have taken an Electraglide out and loved the fairing,as long as it moves with me,unlike the Roadglide where it's mounted on the frame,that freaks me out.
Wish I could afford two bikes..........

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:50 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by crazyanimal
I won't be riding 2 up, my wife has her own bike,I'm guessing the Streetglide is still a great ride solo though.
I ride mine solo 90% of the time and love it!!!

Old 06-18-2014 | 07:55 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Jumped fm Sporty to Street Glide...love the rolling comfy couch, but missed my nimble XL...bought another to keep big brother happy in the garage.

Old 06-18-2014 | 08:10 PM
crazyanimal
|
Road Captain

Wow,great information guys,that's what I like about this forum,lot's of people willing to help you out.

Thanks again.

Mike.

Old 06-18-2014 | 08:10 PM
D W K
Road Captain

I came from a Heritage and I loved that bike but...... absolutely no regrets going to the street glide. I strip all of the sissy bar and luggage rack off when solo but can add all of it back for road trips with momma. With everything off it is very sporty to me.
Its the long hauls that make this one so nice. We are pulling out tomorrow for a 475 mile trip for the weekend.
I believe the bike is every bit a nimble as my Heritage, especially now that I have dropped the seat and installed 12" mini Apes.
The Heritage s a ride in where the touring is more of a ride on. Now my SG is more of a ride in with the mods. o

Old 06-18-2014 | 10:22 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

I really like my SG but I split my time on the Softail as well. I still enjoy the feeling of no fairing, pegs, no radio just pipes and wind.

Quick Reply: Streetglide Owners