Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooo the 2015 Road Glide is up for order

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014 | 08:15 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
Lol! ...Let me spice it up with a little "Blow .....
....... see how much better that sentence could'a sounded ?

Old 06-30-2014 | 08:16 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
At one point, the Volkswagen beetle and Toyota Corolla were the world's best selling cars. Did that mean they were far more superior? I'll let you and history be the judges on that one. But instead of comparing apples to oranges, i will say this...I believe that about 60-70% of all batwing sales are solely the purpose of folks wanting to "fit in". I cant tell you how rich I'd be if I had a quarter for every time someone told me that they didnt know Harley made anything else other than the batwing. Its marketing...plain and simple. The batwing doesn't sell more because its a better bike...it sells more because it is the most seen and most recognizable. And since you like a few others are convinced that the batwing handles far better than the Roadie, do a little experiment...attach about 15-20 pounds worth of weight to your forks and let us know how the handling and performance changes. That's essentially the same thing as a fork mounted fairing...compared to the Roadie.

I have always admired the frame mounted fairings, it makes a lot of sense. A few years ago I seriously considered buying one, I actually rode my SE Ultra down to my favorite dealership, with my wife and checkbook. Even had my title. When I test rode the roadglide I wanted to love it...but I didn't. No matter how hard I tried I could not wrap my mind around owning one once I rode the bike. Not putting down the roadglide, I still have a lot of respect for them, I just prefer the bat wing. It's not due to peer pressure, marketing or anything like that, it's what I prefer to ride. To each their own.

I hope they come out with a great looking roadglide for those that want one, I will be one of those sticking with the batwing.

Old 06-30-2014 | 08:25 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member

Why not a frame mounted batwing?

Old 06-30-2014 | 09:48 PM
TO34
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
Why not a frame mounted batwing?
This has always been a thought in the back of my head for a long time, get the weight out of the steering issues.

Old 06-30-2014 | 11:56 PM
Road Captain

Lovin' mine...
But can't wait to see whats coming next....

Attached Thumbnails Sooo the 2015 Road Glide is up for order-roady-1.jpg  
Old 07-01-2014 | 07:15 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hard Ride
Nevada72 he is from the UK and that is a common saying over there...this is a world forum...
I know. Doesn't make it sound any less.......uh....you know. The British have plenty of great ways to express themselves that sound way better. For example, he could have said "Bollocks! Stick it in your ringhole ya ******." That would have gained him some respect. "Giggle"? Not so much.

I'm willing to get back on track if you guys are. I'm interested in seeing the new Road Glide and hearing from those who bought one as well. I know I won't be buying one - just bought the SGS. But, I'm still interested in what finally shows up after a years hiatus.

Last edited by nevada72; 07-01-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-01-2014 | 07:19 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hard Ride
Nevada72 he is from the UK and that is a common saying over there...this is a world forum...

He reminds me of the idiots that do the "biker" wave thing...They "MUST" try to look and act as cool as they can at all times!

If someone does anything that they don't accept as "cool" they have to comment on it and affirm their membership in the "cool" Harley riders club.

I act the way I want to act and say things the way I want to say them, with no regard for how someone else might react to it, or to whether it makes me look or sound "cool".

Does that make me "uncool"? I don't know, because no one has ever come up to me and told me that I wasn't acting in the approved "Harley Rider" manner.

Old 07-01-2014 | 08:39 AM
VinnyM
Road Master

Originally Posted by 2807
Lovin' mine...

Very nice!

Old 07-01-2014 | 05:42 PM
TO34
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 2807
Lovin' mine...

On a side note... you ride that in NJ & they'll tell you, you have too many bullets for that saddle. (man I can't stand this state) Nice bike man.. very clean.

Old 07-01-2014 | 06:22 PM
msh134
Road Warrior
Default 15 road glide

i heard same thing from my dealer was also told there will be a custom color of some sort of green. also heard there will be a cvo road glide ultra

Quick Reply: Sooo the 2015 Road Glide is up for order