Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooo the 2015 Road Glide is up for order

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014 | 12:41 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by equandt
"Now taking deposits for the 2015 Road Glide". I'd say I saw at least five of these type of signs on dealers front doors...

Old 06-29-2014 | 01:32 PM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior

Why would you not put a deposit down on one? If you didn't like it you can always get your deposit back or use it on another bike.

Old 06-29-2014 | 02:50 PM
Hard Ride
Road Captain

Mid year 15 may bring the CVO RG and just maybe the Tri RG...

Old 06-29-2014 | 03:55 PM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

Yea yea yea.... Believe when I see it. Love my 2013 FLTRU.

Old 06-30-2014 | 11:41 AM
ehc0720
Tourer

Originally Posted by nevada72
Well seeing as Street Glides and Road Glides are identical bikes except for the fairing, I hope for your sake the only issues you have with the SG is the fairing. Otherwise you're in for some disappointment. And the new RG probably going to be the same bike as the new Street Glide with the fairing being the only difference - just like before. That's a good thing. I love my 14 SGS. It's worlds apart from my 11 Ultra even with the 107 and numerous modifications.

Obviously you're not a batwing kinda guy. I am. I've logged enough miles on Road Glides to know that I like them, but much prefer the Batwing bikes. For me, they are the best touring bikes out there. No buffeting - at all. Stable in cross winds. Handling is amazing for such a big bike. To me the batwing is an icon as well as a tribute to the Harley designers execution of performance balanced with aesthetics.

The Road Glide is cool for a number of reasons. Despite being called a Fugly, I think they look nice. Not better, but pretty nice. The fixed fairing that some say makes the bike handle "light" is disturbing to me. It reminds me of my old Vetter Windjammer 2. Turn the bars, but the headlight points straight. Nope. Not for me. And I believe it sacrifices some function at the alter of cool. The air bubble is too far forward for my tastes and it ignores the passenger. It also punches a smaller hole in the atmosphere, providing less protection. I guess if you're a little fella with no girlfriend, the Road Glide makes sense.

As far as top of the food chain - I'm sure that's what fugly owners like to think. Maybe when Road Glide sales outnumber batwing sales you make that claim, but that's a ways off if ever.
I don't turn my handle bars going around a curve/corner, just lean the bike over the headlight stays right with ya!!!

Old 06-30-2014 | 12:16 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member

I cant wait to see the new model - but to put down money on one sight unseen...
Nope. Not me. Not to mention trying to sell that to my wife as well...

Me: Hey Lesley, can I put down money on a new bike?
Her: Whats it look like?
Me: No clue.
Her: No way in hell!!

Old 06-30-2014 | 12:36 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
The bullsh*t is strong with this one.

Seriously, if what you said is true (and it's not) the Street Glide wouldn't be the best selling motorcycle in the world, which it is...
At one point, the Volkswagen beetle and Toyota Corolla were the world's best selling cars. Did that mean they were far more superior? I'll let you and history be the judges on that one. But instead of comparing apples to oranges, i will say this...I believe that about 60-70% of all batwing sales are solely the purpose of folks wanting to "fit in". I cant tell you how rich I'd be if I had a quarter for every time someone told me that they didnt know Harley made anything else other than the batwing. Its marketing...plain and simple. The batwing doesn't sell more because its a better bike...it sells more because it is the most seen and most recognizable. And since you like a few others are convinced that the batwing handles far better than the Roadie, do a little experiment...attach about 15-20 pounds worth of weight to your forks and let us know how the handling and performance changes. That's essentially the same thing as a fork mounted fairing...compared to the Roadie.

Old 06-30-2014 | 01:05 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DanHappy
I cant wait to see the new model - but to put down money on one sight unseen...
Nope. Not me. Not to mention trying to sell that to my wife as well...

Me: Hey Lesley, can I put down money on a new bike?
Her: Whats it look like?
Me: No clue.
Her: No way in hell!!
Funny stuff, I would imagine my conversation with my wife would be very similar.

Old 06-30-2014 | 03:17 PM
roadglider05
Road Master

Two things happen when you wrestle with pigs, You get dirty and they like it!

Old 06-30-2014 | 04:15 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ehc0720
I don't turn my handle bars going around a curve/corner, just lean the bike over the headlight stays right with ya!!!
Even at low speeds? And that wasn't my point really. I just personally don't like the sensation of a fixed fairing. I didn't say it was a bad thing. Just not for me.

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
And since you like a few others are convinced that the batwing handles far better than the Roadie
Could you show me where I said the batwing bikes handle better than RG? I just can't seem to remember saying that because, oh - I DIDN"T. In fact, I didn't say anything bad about Road Glides. I simply corrected the "barn door" bullsh*t that got laid on batwings.

Man - you guys are touchy about your bikes. Makes me wonder why.

Btw, could you tell the "why people buy batwings" story again. Damn near pee'd myself laughing over that one.

Quick Reply: Sooo the 2015 Road Glide is up for order