Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooo the 2015 Road Glide is up for order

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014 | 11:07 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Garemlin
There are two models. The Road Glide and the Road Glide Special.
Well then, it sounds as if it's basically going to be the current offering of Street Glides with a different fairing - same as before. They probably had to spend some significant time in R&D figuring a way to integrate the infotainment system as well as freshening up the look. My guess is, full water cooled speculation was wrong.

Old 06-28-2014 | 11:56 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nickatnyt
Yeah but what if it is quad-dog fugly?!?!?
....... buy 2 of'm

Old 06-28-2014 | 11:58 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by digdug
Can't they make the fairing more like a batwing and still attach it to the frame? How much better does the RG handle anyway? I don't get it.
....... you must be new here

Old 06-28-2014 | 03:13 PM
SE120RG
Road Master

my amber whiskey road glide special ships Aug 18, now to off the CVO

Old 06-28-2014 | 03:20 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master

Originally Posted by Charlie Fogg
I'm not sure I understand this either. My view is that the batwing is an exceptionally functional fairing and also probably the most aesthetically pleasing fairing in the industry. They all have flaws and aerodynamic problems. The only caveat to that is I'm not aware of any flaws with the GW fairing because I've never owned one.
The batwing is like a barn door attached to the forks, much problems with buffeting, heavy on the steering and not so great at keeping the weather off. Of course my current ride is a SG! Like you I also have an alternative ride too in my case an FJR..

The barn door contributes to quite poor fuel consumption at any great speed ie anything over 70 too

Old 06-28-2014 | 03:37 PM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Deer Stalker
The batwing is like a barn door attached to the forks, much problems with buffeting, heavy on the steering and not so great at keeping the weather off. Of course my current ride is a SG! Like you I also have an alternative ride too in my case an FJR..

The barn door contributes to quite poor fuel consumption at any great speed ie anything over 70 too
Our experiences differ. My FLHTK provides exceptional wind management although I have added some modifications (shield, deflectors) to get it where it is. I do not experience buffeting under any conditions. Same for passenger. Good weather protection and very stable in high winds. This is my BMW's weakness...

Last edited by Charlie Fogg; 06-28-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-28-2014 | 05:00 PM
RJ111
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SE120RG
my amber whiskey road glide special ships Aug 18, now to off the CVO
My Black Denim RG Special ships out on the 8th of August. I wonder if we will get to pick them up before the Dealer meeting, or even look at them....

Old 06-28-2014 | 06:55 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Deer Stalker

The bullsh*t is strong with this one.

Seriously, if what you said is true (and it's not) the Street Glide wouldn't be the best selling motorcycle in the world, which it is. And then there's the 10s of thousands of people that log a ton of touring miles and wouldn't have anything but a batwing bike because, quite simply, it's the best touring bike out there.

I suggest you immediately get rid of that awful streetglide and buy a new fugly.

Old 06-28-2014 | 09:45 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member

Somebody has been smoking reefer in the barn behind the door.

Old 06-29-2014 | 02:40 AM
Deer Stalker
Road Master

Originally Posted by nevada72
The bullsh*t is strong with this one.

Seriously, if what you said is true (and it's not) the Street Glide wouldn't be the best selling motorcycle in the world, which it is. And then there's the 10s of thousands of people that log a ton of touring miles and wouldn't have anything but a batwing bike because, quite simply, it's the best touring bike out there.

I suggest you immediately get rid of that awful streetglide and buy a new fugly.
Lol - I am getting the new Fugly

I love my Street Glide and the previous two Ultras before it but it certainly isn't the best touring bike out there - I like ride it in spite of its issues

Quick Reply: Sooo the 2015 Road Glide is up for order