Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooo the 2015 Road Glide is up for order

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014 | 06:47 AM
digdug
Tourer

Can't they make the fairing more like a batwing and still attach it to the frame? How much better does the RG handle anyway? I don't get it. Looks like a wheelbarrow on the front of the bike.

Old 06-28-2014 | 08:04 AM
Deer Stalker
Road Master

Originally Posted by digdug
Can't they make the fairing more like a batwing and still attach it to the frame? How much better does the RG handle anyway? I don't get it. Looks like a wheelbarrow on the front of the bike.
But the batwing is dreadfully inefficient as a fairing - I'm in for trying the RG and whacked a just in case deposit down about a month ago

Old 06-28-2014 | 08:19 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

Moco has been very good at keeping secrets. They don't tell dealers ANYthing... on purpose, because the first thing they do is blab.

My cousin is GM for a dealer in Michigan...

Old 06-28-2014 | 08:42 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior

Best description of a fugly that I've heard in a while! Maybe they'll come out with a wheelbarrow ultra!

Old 06-28-2014 | 09:04 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior

How much better does the RG handle anyway? I don't get it.
I prefer the looks of the batwing hands down. But with the RG all of the weight of the fairing is attached to the frame, not the front end. Demo one when they do come out. I think you'll figure out the difference pretty quickly. I don't personally feel there is a real huge difference at higher speeds, but at slower speeds and maneuvering it's pretty obvious.

Old 06-28-2014 | 09:31 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior

When I went to the dealer in 2012 to buy my first Harley after having a Goldwing for 4 years. I went to test ride a new 12 Limited. The dealer let me test ride it then because I came off a Goldwing he insisted I test ride a RG. The steering felt much lighter and you didn't feel the wind turbulence in the handlebars. What I didn't like about it was the gauges and radio were so far away. Had to lean forward to adjust the radio. If the put the Infotainment system on the new RG with the joystick controls on the handlebars like the 14 Limited it will alleviate part of what I didn't like about it. To the dealers surprise, I bout the Limited.

Old 06-28-2014 | 09:47 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

I had an '11 FLTRU....

I could control everything on the stereo from the handlebars.

Guess I'm lost on that....

Old 06-28-2014 | 10:33 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I don't think the scoop is all that good looking. I kind of like the headlights, but needs a clear cover for streamlining, that "scoop" looks like a bigger air brake than the one on my Tour Glide.

Old 06-28-2014 | 10:49 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior

But the batwing is dreadfully inefficient as a fairing
R U Kiddin'?

Old 06-28-2014 | 11:02 AM
Charlie Fogg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Deer Stalker
But the batwing is dreadfully inefficient as a fairing
Originally Posted by oakmossy
R U Kiddin'?
I'm not sure I understand this either. My view is that the batwing is an exceptionally functional fairing and also probably the most aesthetically pleasing fairing in the industry. They all have flaws and aerodynamic problems. The only caveat to that is I'm not aware of any flaws with the GW fairing because I've never owned one.

Quick Reply: Sooo the 2015 Road Glide is up for order