Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v&h vs rineharts

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007 | 12:54 AM
skratch
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default v&h vs rineharts

figured more people would see this over here... no one seems to have seen it in the exhaust section...

my wife is looking for exhaust for her road king custom. i have the v&h bs true duals on mine, but want to get some info on the rineharts. i know that everyone who has them swears by them, and i am sure they are fine pipes. my question is: everyone says they are loud. but how loud? compared to the v&h?

thanks, its hard to make an informed decision when no one around here runs those pipes....

Old 04-02-2007 | 01:13 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: v&h vs rineharts

mine are quiet, my friend just put v&h on his and to me & him it's louder

Old 04-02-2007 | 02:45 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

Rinehart True Duals - ARE LOUD when under a load... Sound great Normally....
Have them on my '01 RKC and after a LONG TRIP in Colorado pulling the hills for a few of days - I can say "YES THEY'RE LOUD" - to the point of starting to dislike the noise...
So just Sampson slip-on's on my new RG... No where near as loud even on a hard pull - but still sound 1000 X's better then the stockers...

Old 04-02-2007 | 08:38 AM
marshal
Advanced

I had Reinharts on my Fatboy. They sounded great and were not to loud for myself or my wife (passenger). I liked them so much they are going on my new Ultra Classic as soon as it gets to the dealer in less then 3 weeks. I did have someone that rode behind me on a run once complain that he would never ride behind me on the right side again. Oh well, tough S**t

Old 04-02-2007 | 12:14 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

I have Rinehart TDs on mine. I had V&H Big Shot longs on my Springer. I like the Rineharts--I don't think the TDs are louder than some other brands. I would agree the TDs sound louder under a load, but nothing extraordinary--at least to me.

Old 04-02-2007 | 12:46 PM
texas725
Outstanding HDF Member

Was going to have Rinehard TD's put on my new Ultra when it arrives. Was the V&H any quieter then the Rinehard T D's?

Old 04-02-2007 | 01:54 PM
madurodave
Road Captain

I have the Rineharts on my 110ci RKC. They are probably a little louder than on a stock bike, but marginally so. I love them - my wife says they are a little loud.

I love the look of riding past people and having them stare in awe! No signs of "hate" from bystanders so far due to noise.

I don't know how they compare to V&H.

Old 04-02-2007 | 04:21 PM
gordo24fan
Tourer

I have Rinehart TD's on my '07 RK. They are pretty loud. Not even close to being as quiet as stock exhaust. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with them....unless you like it quiet.

Old 04-02-2007 | 10:18 PM
wnogood
Banned

Outside of noise, the Rineharts will DESTROY your low end torque on a stock 88. They look great, sound great, but, be aware, they do not perform as well on a stock bike as the VH will. The smaller diameter headpipes on the VH will help you retain your low end torque.

nogood o~`o

Old 04-02-2007 | 10:38 PM
skratch
|
Seasoned HDF Member

thanks for the replies, it's not that i'm looking for a quiet pipe so much (if i were, i would stay stock, ewww) but just trying to get all the facts ahead of time so i (she) can make an informed decision.

Quick Reply: v&h vs rineharts