Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v&h vs rineharts

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007 | 11:26 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: v&h vs rineharts

Go with just the Rinehart slip-ons and you loose no low end torque and still have the sound.

Old 04-03-2007 | 01:09 AM
Ganno57
Tourer

Don't listen to any of us. Go to your local Harley dealer or handout and listen to pipes first hand. Go for a ride and get right next to the exhaust tip and listen. Find something you like and then purchase it. I have had 5, 6, 7, ah I lost count of how many exhaust systems I have had just on my current bike. The funny thing is I am STILL NOT 100% satisfied with the sound. Take several rides and don't make the same mistakes I have made. GO AND LISTEN FIRST HAND!

Old 04-03-2007 | 01:51 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master

Rineharts are going on Friday with a Dyno pull,

Old 04-03-2007 | 02:38 AM
gordo24fan
Tourer

My torque actually went up on my '07 with the rineharts installed. I also installed a thundermax and big sucker at the same time though.

Old 04-03-2007 | 09:59 AM
skratch
|
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Electra Geezer

Don't listen to any of us. Go to your local Harley dealer or handout and listen to pipes first hand. Go for a ride and get right next to the exhaust tip and listen. Find something you like and then purchase it. I have had 5, 6, 7, ah I lost count of how many exhaust systems I have had just on my current bike. The funny thing is I am STILL NOT 100% satisfied with the sound. Take several rides and don't make the same mistakes I have made. GO AND LISTEN FIRST HAND!
i would if i could. the nearest harley dealer is 60 miles away. a little prohibitive for just going for a listen. now maybe if it was a good route, then it could be incorporated into a ride, but the road over there just sucks. 55 mph and straight as an arrow. where's the fun in that?

i have the v&h bs true duals, i like them, but i want my wife to be able to get what she likes, not necessarily what i have. no one around here has the rineharts, so its hard to do a side by side comparison. also, she did do a ride right behind me to see if the v&h were 'offensive' and didn't have a problem with them. i'm just trying to find someone who has done a side by side, and can say, yep the rineharts are louder, or nope, they're about the same....

Old 04-03-2007 | 10:11 AM
vernh59
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: wnogood

Outside of noise, the Rineharts will DESTROY your low end torque on a stock 88. They look great, sound great, but, be aware, they do not perform as well on a stock bike as the VH will. The smaller diameter headpipes on the VH will help you retain your low end torque.

nogood o~`o
You may be able to see this on SOME torque curves, not all and you will not feel it on the street. I haven't noticed any loss in tq at any RPM with the TD's.
DESTROY it [sm=bs.gif]

Old 04-03-2007 | 10:34 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Imho, 60 miles is nothing when you're talking about putting several hundreds of $$$'s worth of parts on a bike worth much more $$$$$. The ONLY way you are going to feel you and your S.O. made the closest thing to a right choice is to sample the differents systems firsthand. Everyones opinion is going to be different, and the only ones you need to be concerned with, opinionwise, is you and your wife. Personally I love my V & H 2-1 propipe. Sounds very good, not too loud unless accelerating hard (and even then its just loud enough to draw looks from bystanders), and makes great power after getting the carb set for the pipe. I would love to run straights, but have been warned that the loss of power would be very noticeable, so I won't change.

ORIGINAL: skratch

ORIGINAL: Electra Geezer

i would if i could. the nearest harley dealer is 60 miles away. a little prohibitive for just going for a listen. now maybe if it was a good route, then it could be incorporated into a ride, but the road over there just sucks. 55 mph and straight as an arrow. where's the fun in that?

i have the v&h bs true duals, i like them, but i want my wife to be able to get what she likes, not necessarily what i have. no one around here has the rineharts, so its hard to do a side by side comparison. also, she did do a ride right behind me to see if the v&h were 'offensive' and didn't have a problem with them. i'm just trying to find someone who has done a side by side, and can say, yep the rineharts are louder, or nope, they're about the same....

Old 04-03-2007 | 01:10 PM
Loch
Tourer

I’ve seen dyno sheets on stock 88’s with Rineharts and the torque curve looks good. The newer versions have a header that is stepped different than the originals so the torque is better.
I also think it’s funny that some like to say the Rineharts are GREAT on 95” engines but suck and DESTROY torque on 88” engines. A 95” engine is 8% larger than an 88” and they perform 180 degrees different than one another? Yeah, you’re fooling yourself if you believe that. Sure the 95” moves more air, but only 8% more and that percentage doesn’t make performance 100% different.

Old 04-03-2007 | 01:48 PM
madurodave
Road Captain

Loch,

They get even better at 110ci!

Old 04-03-2007 | 03:14 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master

Has anyone use V&H dual head pipes with Rinehardt slip ons????

I have the V&H pipes now with Bassani slip ons but I really like the look of the Rinehardt Eagle Beak mufflers. How do you guys think that would work together??

Quick Reply: v&h vs rineharts