Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

debating on wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014 | 07:22 AM
slammed05fatty
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default debating on wheels

really wanting wheels and finally have the cash laying around, really want a 23'' but thinking going w/ 21 because i dont want to have to change the fender because of my custom paint...
problem is now i cant find set that just really jumps out at me considering the prices. thinking about doing the chrome exchange on my stock wheels as a cheap solution to get me by till i find the "right" set.

i have looked at all the main stream brands of wheels. wondering if there are some smaller/ less advertised companies that i'm not aware of? i looked at all our supporting venders and google search reasults.

Old 06-13-2014 | 08:29 AM
Gearheaddrew
Cruiser

I would take a look into coastal moto they seem to have some nice options and are fairly priced.. around 2750 for 21/18 with tires, bearings, rotors, and pulley...

Old 06-13-2014 | 08:31 AM
xtremer-pxl
Cruiser

I just purchased a set of Hogpro wheels. the quality is VERY nice. You might look at their selection.

Old 06-13-2014 | 09:10 AM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor

We always offer additional discounts for forum members. Our website is www.coastalmoto.com. You can take a look at all of our wheel designs. Then give us a call and be sure to mention your are a member of the HD Forums.

Thank you

Old 06-13-2014 | 09:26 AM
dkclimber
Advanced

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
really wanting wheels and finally have the cash laying around, really want a 23'' but thinking going w/ 21 because i dont want to have to change the fender because of my custom paint...
problem is now i cant find set that just really jumps out at me considering the prices. thinking about doing the chrome exchange on my stock wheels as a cheap solution to get me by till i find the "right" set.

i have looked at all the main stream brands of wheels. wondering if there are some smaller/ less advertised companies that i'm not aware of? i looked at all our supporting venders and google search reasults.
I wanted the 23" as well but decided for now to just stay with the stock exchange too. I had the 19" up front on the 2014 and just bought the chrome version (Enforcer). It was by far my cheapest option for now but I'm happy with the look. I still want bigger though!

Last edited by dkclimber; 06-13-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-13-2014 | 10:05 AM
EasternPC_Forum
Former Sponsor

We have several sets in stock at discounted pricing for forum members. Give us a call if you want to discuss some different options! 410-451-5181

Old 06-13-2014 | 10:08 AM
slammed05fatty
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dkclimber
I wanted the 23" as well but decided for now to just stay with the stock exchange too. I had the 19" up front on the 2014 and just bought the chrome version (Enforcer). It was by far my cheapest option for now but I'm happy with the look. I still want bigger though!

i would love tho grab one of those instead, but none of the exchange ppl want to take my stocks for them . they say they are still trying to build inventory up, which is understandable

Old 06-13-2014 | 10:22 AM
jefla
Road Master

I bought six packs from forum sponsor HogPro. Wheels look great (I think), are made in US, mine are warranted for 2 years, and service has been great. I'd go back.

Attached Thumbnails debating on wheels-img_20140331_162231_858.jpg  
Old 06-13-2014 | 10:41 AM
slammed05fatty
|
Outstanding HDF Member

can anybody tell me what all is in going to a single sided brake? in the long run i plan to get new forks bigger rotor and a whole kit to do it. im just brain storming and want to know if its as simple as removing the caliper and plugging the brake line up on the forks and running my existing forks or is that not a possible/ safe option till i do it the right way.

Old 06-13-2014 | 12:09 PM
dkclimber
Advanced

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
can anybody tell me what all is in going to a single sided brake? in the long run i plan to get new forks bigger rotor and a whole kit to do it. im just brain storming and want to know if its as simple as removing the caliper and plugging the brake line up on the forks and running my existing forks or is that not a possible/ safe option till i do it the right way.
I asked the question of a Harley engineer. You would be essentially cutting your front braking power by half.

It looks like when most move to the single caliper setup the rotors are larger (as you said you wanted) to help with cooling and the calipers are usually upgraded. Either larger pistons or more piston or both.

I have no experience with either though. Just sharing what I understand.

Quick Reply: debating on wheels