Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

debating on wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014 | 12:26 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member

If ya really want a 23" and single side brake, ya ain't gonna be happy with chrome or 21. Keep saving and do it right.

Old 06-13-2014 | 12:39 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member

I got a helluva package deal from Eastern Performance. RC Components 21/17 with matching floating rotors, Metzeler 880's for $1,899. I wasn't in the market for wheels (only had 500 miles on my bike) at the time but couldn't pass up the deal.

Old 06-13-2014 | 12:55 PM
Sport Chrome
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
really wanting wheels and finally have the cash laying around, really want a 23'' but thinking going w/ 21 because i dont want to have to change the fender because of my custom paint...
problem is now i cant find set that just really jumps out at me considering the prices. thinking about doing the chrome exchange on my stock wheels as a cheap solution to get me by till i find the "right" set.

i have looked at all the main stream brands of wheels. wondering if there are some smaller/ less advertised companies that i'm not aware of? i looked at all our supporting venders and google search reasults.

Exchanging your set would be a solid look while prepping for a 23". I suggest going with wheels and polished front discs. I think this will keep you happy while waiting to go to an aftermarket wheel. A lot of our clients opt for an aftermarket front with a chromed stock rear. This is a great option if you do not plan to purchase a matching aftermarket rear wheel. You will be able to get good money for your used chrome front wheel with polished discs, assuming you keep your bike clean.

We also offer the top aftermarket brands of wheels. When you're ready for a 23" I will credit you up to 60% back of what you paid us on your chrome exchange purchase, when you buy your aftermarket wheel from us.

Here is a couple touring front wheel packages we offer on exchange.

2014 FLHX

2009-2013 FLHX

2009-2013 Road King, Glide, Ultra Classic,

Last edited by Sport Chrome; 06-16-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added photo
Old 06-13-2014 | 01:30 PM
slammed05fatty
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
If ya really want a 23" and single side brake, ya ain't gonna be happy with chrome or 21. Keep saving and do it right.
i know i wont be happy but it wil lsatifsy me for the year. not too concerned w the money part. its more the work going into the 23 set up and her eiin mid of riding season

Originally Posted by dugan
I got a helluva package deal from Eastern Performance. RC Components 21/17 with matching floating rotors, Metzeler 880's for $1,899. I wasn't in the market for wheels (only had 500 miles on my bike) at the time but couldn't pass up the deal.
if they would get me in a package atthat kinda price i would order immediately.

Originally Posted by Sport Chrome
Exchanging your set would be a solid look while prepping for a 23". I suggest going with wheels and polished front discs. I think this will keep you happy while waiting to go to an aftermarket wheel. A lot of our clients opt for an aftermarket front with a chromed stock rear. This is a great option if you do not plan to purchase a matching aftermarket rear wheel. You will be able to get good money for your used chrome front wheel with polished discs, assuming you keep your bike clean.

We also offer the top aftermarket brands of wheels. When you're ready for a 23" I will credit you up to 60% back of what you paid us on your chrome exchange purchase, when you buy your aftermarket wheel from us.

really like the credit offer, sending you a pm sport

Old 06-13-2014 | 02:25 PM
lakedrum03
Cruiser

Originally Posted by slammed05fatty
i know i wont be happy but it wil lsatifsy me for the year. not too concerned w the money part. its more the work going into the 23 set up and her eiin mid of riding season

if they would get me in a package atthat kinda price i would order immediately.

really like the credit offer, sending you a pm sport
Sound like a hell of an offer.

Old 06-13-2014 | 03:01 PM
Fozzy4325
Road Master

I have a 2009 flhtc and purchased the 2014 black contrast enforcer wheels. I love them but i would also like to go for a 21 inch with the 2014 rotors.
I also purchased the black carbon composite Lyndall 2014 rotors.

So where yours are all chrome wheels and rotors mine is all black wheels with silver highlights and black rotors.

I would like different rubber but were stuck with dunlops at the moment

Old 06-13-2014 | 03:29 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

It looks like I'm a little late to this party. Check out all of our HogPro brand designs and see if there is on you like. We make great deals for forum members daily. Please feel free to PM or call for more info.
HogPro Premier Chrome
HogPro Classic Chrome
HogPro Black Wheels

Old 06-13-2014 | 06:37 PM
96inchBOB
Cruiser

I got a set of coastal moto Vegas 21/18 and the best costumer service I have ever had. Only set of wheels I have ever bought. Not going to say anything about any other wheel maker or company because I have not bought any wheels from them so I don't know. All I can say if you buy wheels from coastal moto and not happy with them and there customer service you would not be happy if someone give you a $100,000. Thank Jeff and Jason for ever thing you done for me. I don't know if I could have done it.

Old 06-13-2014 | 06:48 PM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 96inchBOB
I got a set of coastal moto Vegas 21/18 and the best costumer service I have ever had. Only set of wheels I have ever bought. Not going to say anything about any other wheel maker or company because I have not bought any wheels from them so I don't know. All I can say if you buy wheels from coastal moto and not happy with them and there customer service you would not be happy if someone give you a $100,000. Thank Jeff and Jason for ever thing you done for me. I don't know if I could have done it.
Thank you for the kind words Bob. Much appreciated.

Old 06-15-2014 | 09:54 AM
slammed05fatty
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Pm sent out to all venders posted here. Great to see the here to support us all

Quick Reply: debating on wheels