Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dirty bird "up yours" exhaust opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 01:02 PM
rottweilerhog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SG-Jay
rottweillerhog is pushing good HP if that motor is stock. The pipe must make good power.
@SG-Jay...I'm definitely happy with it. But the 150+HP SG's and RG's in my city aren't impressed by it at all. In my city (Atlanta), most of us are on 23's, 26's and a couple of 30's. But even after all of that, there's still a small faction of baggers that are on an island runnin 150+HP. It's an awesome spectacle on Sundays watching guys drag baggers in private, last minute locations, for money that gets as high as the cost of some our bikes. Happy I went hoggin in this city though...my friends all made sure that I was presentable. And I'm good on the motor work. One of my favorite parts of jumping off of a 2011 190MPH Busa and on to a 2014 SG is the R & R. I still try to put it in cruise control at 110MPH, but still, at these speeds, life is good.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:28 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Sure does look bad ***.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:44 AM
4boogie
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have these for sale if anyone is interested https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...l#post15719637

Old 07-09-2018, 07:30 PM
03Harley!
6th Gear
Default Road king classic

just wondering if the dirt bird up yours exhaust will ruin my leather bags? Thanks.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:50 AM
K Gray
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piece of ****

The pipe sounds great. The problem is the exhaust tip falls off when your riding, I spent $150 for a replacement tip and the threads to mount it didn't line up with the pre-drilled homes on the exhaust. If that wasn't enough frustration to deal with the heat shield piece that mounts on the exhaust at the location old here transcends to a 2n1 welds are total shut and this piece fell off again. You would think when you spend this kind of money the parts wouldn't continue to fall off of it. I will never buy anything from this designer. It is obvious he cares more about making money then there product he is fabricating. Total shitbag!!

Old 07-22-2018, 10:10 AM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by K Gray
The pipe sounds great. The problem is the exhaust tip falls off when your riding, I spent $150 for a replacement tip and the threads to mount it didn't line up with the pre-drilled homes on the exhaust. If that wasn't enough frustration to deal with the heat shield piece that mounts on the exhaust at the location old here transcends to a 2n1 welds are total shut and this piece fell off again. You would think when you spend this kind of money the parts wouldn't continue to fall off of it. I will never buy anything from this designer. It is obvious he cares more about making money then there product he is fabricating. Total shitbag!!
K Gray, I'm curious how long you had the pipe, how many miles you put on it? And did you contact Dirty Bird and ask for help? I have heard from others that they are a PITA to deal with.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:25 AM
03Harley!
6th Gear
Default Good to know buddy. Thanks for the intel. Real sad when this **** happens and the company cares about money more that satisfying the Harley brotherhood. I’ll stay clear. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by K Gray
thanks for the intel. Real sad when they care more about money than a quality product. I’ll stay clear. Thanks again!