Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding position difference

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:34 PM
dynamac
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default riding position difference

Went and sat on a Road Glide today. Man, that thing has some room on it. I felt like I could really stretch out on one. Sat on a Classic also and I have to say the Road Glide definately felt better. As big as a Classic looks it felt small when I sat on it and felt like there was no room. I am just wondering what the Road Glide will feel like with an aftermarket seat. The Classic is only $400 more then the Road Glide out the door, but I want whats most comfortable for me. The dealer will have a Classic in for demo rides next week, but I will have to try and rent a Road Glide. The Dealer sent gave the number to a rental place that gives them a deal and they take the price of the rental off the bike. Also. does anyone use the detachable tour pac on their Road Glide for road trips?

Old 09-08-2005, 02:22 PM
kar
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: riding position difference

I love the room on my Road Glide. Still have th stock seat on it, and so far, no problems. I do have a detachable Tour Pak on mine, and I bought another seat back. Like the Tour Pak so much, I don't think I'll ever take it off.

Love the handling of the Raod Glide also.

Good Luck

Old 09-08-2005, 03:57 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

although i dont have a road glide i did put the detatchable tour pak on my EG...i love it so much it hasnt been off since i put it on...[sm=smiley20.gif] highly recomend it.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:04 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dynamac,

I have a detachable king tour pac for my RG and it's the way to go. A great backrest if you have a passenger and a crapload of luggage room for trips.
Something else about the RG over the Electra Glide is handling, the RG handles lighter and is more stable on the hiway or in crosswinds.

DC.